Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivered Today - Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my Model S 90D today in Syosset, NY. Car arrived Monday 2/29 and was told I could pick up as early as 3/2 however as I was tied up at work I had to wait.

On arrival my DS went over the car, switched my license plate (I traded in my car to Tesla) and personalized the car. There were MANY X's and S's on the lot and I think they just got a major shipment. Back to back deliveries were happening.

All in all, it falls in line with most peoples delivery experiences, friendly service and enthusiastic people.

One major negative was regarding my second charger.
I had ordered a second charger for my HPWC back in January. I was told that it would be installed before the car was delivered and confirmed this several times (I'm a stickler for details). On arrival I was told it was "defective" after they received it. They also pointed out that they "had others" but they were assigned to cars as well. As a result they are going to pick up my car in Manhattan (on a flatbed apparently) and take it to Syosset (30 mi from Manhattan) and install the charger in about two weeks. Nice gesture on their part, but I will be VERY happy when the dealer/Service Center opens in Red Hook, Brooklyn. Two things about this bother me however:
1.) I'm not clear how chargers are "assigned". Maybe they didn't want to give me someone else's (even if their car wasn't going to arrive for 60 days like mine didn't).
2.) Tesla really needs to keep an adequate supply of parts in its service centers. This seems pretty basic to me.

Anyway, after pulling away I'm in love with the car, and looking forward to it being 100% in tip top shape when my second charger comes in. Went through the delivery checklist from Nick Howe and everything seems in perfect shape. Looking forward to putting many thousands of miles on it!