Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah....finally got my VIN. 5486. Likely another week before its finished.

Just curious.... how did you get the VIN? App? Email? Phone call? If phone call, who did you call?
I've emailed my DS 3 times over the last couple of weeks and not received a single reply. I don't want to be a problem, but would really like to get my financing and insurance set up, while I have a bit of spare time.

Just curious.... how did you get the VIN? App? Email? Phone call? If phone call, who did you call?
I've emailed my DS 3 times over the last couple of weeks and not received a single reply. I don't want to be a problem, but would really like to get my financing and insurance set up, while I have a bit of spare time.

You can't get your VIN until the car is actually on the assembly line. Given your sequence number and window, my guess is that they just don't have any information for you yet.

They won't be able to schedule Monday - all slots are gone. I checked about it, surprisingly Sunday had a few slots at 3pm available.

As i said...your car is done. My vin is 5484 so just 2 from yours and its sitting at the factory complete right now. I'm picking it up on Sunday. I know you need to get financing together, so you could presumaby pick up your car on Monday if you have the $'s in place.

As i said...your car is done. My vin is 5484 so just 2 from yours and its sitting at the factory complete right now. I'm picking it up on Sunday. I know you need to get financing together, so you could presumaby pick up your car on Monday if you have the $'s in place.

Hard to say. Others on this forum have noted that vehicles do not exit the production line in VIN order, even if they might start it that way.

I agree.... Mine is VIN 5467 and I got the VIN via the app Tuesday night, and still no word of scheduling a delivery date. My PS just sent the final MVPA today after I reminded her that the 48-hours that she promised was almost up.

Hey, have fun picking up your car tomorrow...maybe you can look for mine tomorrow...5486 (silver/black int/19/pano)..hehe.

Help with Delivery Date Estimate

I posted this in the 60kWh first email forum, but thought it more appropriate for this forum:

For those of you who have been estimating delivery dates far longer than me, what would you estimate mine to be?

P13,571, reserved 11/7, order complete 1/25
60kWh, white, pano, 19", textile, piano black, tech, air, rear facing seats, supercharging

Even though the status in My Tesla says "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S" and my delivery estimate on the docs said Feb/Mar, I'm guessing last week in March or first week in April.

Just keep calling to get updates. My delivery window was Feb 19 to March 5. I called and got Vin about three weeks before delivery window when I saw they were getting close to my res number (10542). I got the "in line for manufacturing" line. Two days later called about some paperwork and was told my car was on the way to GA. Already shipped! Should be there on Friday. They called me on Friday to say the car was on the way to Louisiana. Showed up yesterday around noon. 3 days before the start of the delivery window!!
I have a feeling there are more than 400 a week rolling off the line.

Good Luck to all

Just keep calling to get updates.

I called today and received an update! So here's the timeline now with estimates:

11/7/12: Reservation complete: "RESERVATION SEQUENCE NUMBER: 13,571"
1/25/13: Order complete: "Your Model S order is on its way to the Tesla Factory" (79 days)
3/12/13: Estimated delivery prompt (46 days)
3/19/13: Estimated VIN assigned (7 days)
3/29 to 4/12/13: Delivery window (10-24 days)

156 days (max est.) from reservation to delivery, 54 more days from now until delivery. That's gonna be a long 54 day wait...