Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reservation 13,506 with a delivery window February 28th - March 14th. Reserved in early November 2012. No VIN yet. No word yet from Tesla since I sent in my Docusign paperwork and selected my home delivery preference. This is for a P85 Blue/Black Leather/CF trim, sound package, air suspension, parcel shelf, 21" wheels (grey). I have ordered so many cars over the last 25 years that I seldom get excited, however with the MS I find that changing the closer I get to my delivery window. I hope I'm not lost in their system. I sent an email last night. I will call later this week if I do not get a response.

Last edited:
Reservation 13,506 with a delivery window February 28th - March 14th. Reserved in early November 2012. No VIN yet. No word yet from Tesla since I sent in my Docusign paperwork and selected my home delivery preference. This is for a P85 Blue/Black Leather/CF trim, sound package, air suspension, parcel shelf, 21" wheels (grey). I have ordered so many cars over the last 25 years that I seldom get excited, however with the MS I find that changing the closer I get to my delivery window. I hope I'm not lost in their system. I sent an email last night. I will call later this week if I do not get a response.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's done already and on it's way out to you.

According to my DS, the app shows the VIN when the car enters actual production. My car entered production this past weekend (not sure whether it was Saturday or Sunday), and the VIN showed in the iphone app on Monday. VIN 6087 (white performance) anticipated to arrive in the DC area by March 13, 2013, according to my DS.

According to my DS, the app shows the VIN when the car enters actual production. My car entered production this past weekend (not sure whether it was Saturday or Sunday), and the VIN showed in the iphone app on Monday. VIN 6087 (white performance) anticipated to arrive in the DC area by March 13, 2013, according to my DS.

Sounds like ours could be coming across the country on the same truck.

It is mine! It was a bit of a logistical nightmare but 4923 is in MY garage. Delivery was 150 miles from Tesla's nearest service center and the delivery plan changed a few times and snow threatened but in the end a full day sooner then we planned its mine. Tesla folks worked hard making me satisfied.

I love the car. I'd never driven one so driving it was a treat. It's way cool in a lot of areas. But a few initial sour notes.

Two major little things: lack of cup holders!!! Two in the front and NONE in the back. Shameful.

No "oh sh?$@t handles" and worse no garment hook. Here they are selling a car in the 60-100K market, many of their buyers will have a sportcoat or dry cleaning and for the life of me I can't figure out where I'm going to hang something. Here's this cutting edge car and little attention to detail on stuff that every minivan or compact car has. It's like being a movie star at the Oscars in a designer tux and yet your fly is down.

So far those are the only negatives and the positives are very very very stellar.

Tomorrow is my first full day.

It is mine! It was a bit of a logistical nightmare but 4923 is in MY garage. Delivery was 150 miles from Tesla's nearest service center and the delivery plan changed a few times and snow threatened but in the end a full day sooner then we planned its mine. Tesla folks worked hard making me satisfied.

I love the car. I'd never driven one so driving it was a treat. It's way cool in a lot of areas. But a few initial sour notes.

Two major little things: lack of cup holders!!! Two in the front and NONE in the back. Shameful.

No "oh sh?$@t handles" and worse no garment hook. Here they are selling a car in the 60-100K market, many of their buyers will have a sportcoat or dry cleaning and for the life of me I can't figure out where I'm going to hang something. Here's this cutting edge car and little attention to detail on stuff that every minivan or compact car has. It's like being a movie star at the Oscars in a designer tux and yet your fly is down.

So far those are the only negatives and the positives are very very very stellar.

Tomorrow is my first full day.

Congrats on the new ride! - Hopefully, this aftermarket center console will prove to be a good resolution: Our Products

I lay my dry cleaning flat in the back. There is always too much for a hook anyway, and I don't want to block visibility. I hang my coat on the passenger side seat, also not to block visibility. Works fine for me and is the same routine as my former car that did have hooks. There are definitely some things my other car had that the S does not. It didn't take long to adjust.

My VIN is 5990 in the app, showed up last week, but haven't gotten any other info from Tesla. Waiting on a reply to email request sent yesterday. I have a feeling, based on other VINs delivered in Cali that mine is done and probably waiting on the same truck that will be bringing those others to Rockville. My window is 3/6-3/20.

No "oh sh?$@t handles" and worse no garment hook. Here they are selling a car in the 60-100K market, many of their buyers will have a sportcoat or dry cleaning and for the life of me I can't figure out where I'm going to hang something.

For the handles, I think what Tesla did was create a handhold with those silver extrusions by the interior door handles. I think they actually work better than handles that would be overhead. So when you have passengers in the car and you are about to demonstrate the handling of the car, you can coach them to hold the handholds by the door handles.

What I do for stuff I would have hanged before is put it flat in the frunk or trunk, depending on how much stuff and how many people are in the car with me.

My white performance VIN 6087 has completed assembly according to my DS and is in quality control testing. Received the final MVPA docs today to sign. My window is March 6-20, and the DS expects delivery by March 13.

Plug Me In, call Tesla. You should have heard something by now. My DS gave me the VIN last week and has called me/emailed several times since to keep me informed.

My DS just called and I mentioned you to him. He looked you up, said he is not assigned to you but will reach out to you as to where you stand. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Called the 888 number last Friday and was told the car had a VIN and would enter production in 2 or 3 days. Said they would email me the VIN but had not received the email. Today called again and was told the car has entered production and would be done this week. Dates are as follows:
Reserved 11/22/2012 #14,409
Invitation to Configure and Finalize on 1/15/13
Finalized on 2/1/13
Docusigned Pre MVPA on 2/6/13
Entered production 2/25/13
Estimated pickup at Seattle or Bellevue Service Center 3/15/13
VIN #6273

Standard 85, Grey/Grey & Lacewood, Pano, Tech, Sound, Air, 21", Dual chargers.

My white performance VIN 6087 has completed assembly according to my DS and is in quality control testing. Received the final MVPA docs today to sign. My window is March 6-20, and the DS expects delivery by March 13.

Plug Me In, call Tesla. You should have heard something by now. My DS gave me the VIN last week and has called me/emailed several times since to keep me informed.

My DS just called and I mentioned you to him. He looked you up, said he is not assigned to you but will reach out to you as to where you stand. Hope this helps.

Many thanks Swegman, no feedback yet. I was planning on calling in the next couple of days. It really does seem that the delivery process communication is 100% a function of the DS.

Reserved - 12/28/12 (#17,0xx)
Finalized - 1/26/13
MVPA countersigned - 1/28/13
Est. Delivery 3/8-3/22
Delivery Information Request email 2/11/13 -- requested factory pickup in Fremont 3/8-3/22 re-confirmed
Emailed today to ask if they have a VIN for me cos I'll be travelling in the next few weeks and need to arrange loan, insurance, etc. -- got VIN 6697 by email from Julia along with "Your Model S is currently moving through production and will be ready in about 1-2 weeks". Not yet in iphone app or mytesla.

My Tesla page on website still says "Tesla factory is building your Model S performance" with "View Design" button
P85, blue, grey int, 21 in.,piano black, tech, stereo