Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the report. I guessed that the RED had not been viewed by the tour participants since there had not been any reported sightings, but I appreciate your confirmation. Enjoy your new MS.....I'm expecting mine in the next two or three weeks.:tongue:

@xhawk101 I too have my VIN but no delivery button. I expect they will be enabled next week. I was told that my car was not yet in Final Assembly, and I am not sure what triggers the delivery button.

Excellent thank you here's crossing our fingers for April :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It is a bit confusing because I always thought you would get your paperwork/vin via email vs. seeing it in the app first. This would allow the person purchasing the car to ensure they have everything lined up before the purchase.

I will probably need to call them tomorrow (against my better judgement) to finalize the delivery date, the range i have is too wide and I travel a lot for work.

VIN 8892 showed up in the app on 3/18
Delivery Dates 3/29 - 4/11
No Delivery button, DS or MVPA assigned yet

It is a bit confusing because I always thought you would get your paperwork/vin via email vs. seeing it in the app first. This would allow the person purchasing the car to ensure they have everything lined up before the purchase.

I will probably need to call them tomorrow (against my better judgement) to finalize the delivery date, the range i have is too wide and I travel a lot for work.

VIN 8892 showed up in the app on 3/18
Delivery Dates 3/29 - 4/11
No Delivery button, DS or MVPA assigned yet

How did you get a two-week delivery window without completing the (online) delivery questionnaire, which I thought was accessed via the delivery button?

It appears I confused the delivery notice as the pre-mvpa...and it was sent out the next day.

I actually had to call them to follow up on my delivery address change. It appears they did not change it the first time I called. Hopefully that is all settled. He first said my car wasn't ready and then changed it that it should be shipped out this week. I really don't care when I get it I just want an exact date so I can arrange my work schedule to accommodate the pick up.

This is a great effort, thanks Doug for putting this together. Here's my info:

Reserved Date: 12/29/2011
Reservation Sequence Number: 6492
Invitation to Configure: 10/3/2012
Finalized/Pre-MVPA Signed: 1/2/2013
VIN Received: --
Delivery Window: --
Delivery Scheduled: --
Delivery Location: Orange County, California

P60 (w/Supercharge Opt.)/ Blue/Tan/Obeche Gloss/Pano/19"/Tech/Sound Studio/Rear Seats/ Std. Suspension/Single Charger/

An update/change (for Doug and others following along). I was reviewing my paperwork this morning following the 40/60 announcement of last night and realized that when I added in my rear seats, that active air was erroneously also added to my configuration. (Reminder: review your pre-MVPA when you're not distracted at work, I should have caught this). Because they added the active air (and not just the jumpseats), I think it also reset my submission to the factory to 3/4. Let me be the first to say I'm highly annoyed at myself right now. However, I've talked to several reps and no one else caught it either (they must have been reading off notes on the screen versus actually looking at my configuration). Now just to pray the active air is as reliable as the standard . . .

Reserved Date: 12/29/2011
Reservation Sequence Number: 6492
Invitation to Configure: 10/3/2012
Finalized/Pre-MVPA Signed: 3/4/2013
VIN Received: --
Delivery Window: --
Delivery Scheduled: --
Delivery Location: Orange County, California

P60 (w/Supercharge Opt.)/ Blue/Tan/Obeche Gloss/Pano/19"/Tech/Sound Studio/Rear Seats/ Active Air/Single Charger

Got my delivery button, for delivery to Fl April 15-29. RED 60 air tech. Yippee!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My choice of brown (which my wife and I agonized over) seems to be causing my order to be bypassed in queue. Nothing else about my config is keeping other orders from getting done at this point. But haven't seen anybody with brown get a car in any config. I knew it was the least popular color, part of the appeal to my wife and me.

But at this point, I'm half-expecting an announcement and email from Tesla saying 'due to the low take rate on Brown, we're discontinuing the color and will replace it with white and provide the buyer with brown-shaded sunglasses for all existing orders.'

George, my gratitude to all at Tesla for working with me on my delivery (by holding off) as we rebuild our home from damages of Hurricane Sandy. I took delivery this past Saturday, which was my choice (couldn't wait any longer). Tesla had always told me to wait until I'm ready and assured me that I would not loose my place. The car is more than expected, however what makes the experience a positive one are the people from Tesla who stood by us. Thanks!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364874294.237596.jpg
Home in Alaska!

@jweinstein - Congratulations for AK! Are you the first? I lived in FBX from 1982 - 1991. Awesome state.
--------------------------------

Data point: I received my delivery button/email this morning and a VIN from my DS when I asked him:

#P2993 - Feb 2011
Re-finalized - Feb 6, 2013
Delivery button - Apr 1, 2013
Delivery window - Apr 24 - May 8
VIN - 8279

60, silver, pano, tan+om, tech, air, sound, sc early adopter

@jweinstein - Congratulations for AK! Are you the first? I lived in FBX from 1982 - 1991. Awesome state.
--------------------------------

Data point: I received my delivery button/email this morning and a VIN from my DS when I asked him:

#P2993 - Feb 2011
Re-finalized - Feb 6, 2013
Delivery button - Apr 1, 2013
Delivery window - Apr 24 - May 8
VIN - 8279

60, silver, pano, tan+om, tech, air, sound, sc early adopter

Evidently, I'm Tesla #4 in Alaska. 3rd S and a lone wolf Roadster, to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks, Jomo and Apoc.

I thought about going to Costa Mesa, but for now, opted for home delivery. Apoc, our delivery windows don't overlap, but I wonder if our cars will come down on the same truck. We might learn a little about their delivery logistics by comparing notes. Great that you got your VIN already.