Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The factory will be closed the first week of October. Once the Q3 push is over everything else is pushed back because of this. While I can not prove it, I bet if Sam had a 85P+ he would be getting his car before Sept 30th.

I hope so; I confirmed my maxed out P85+ on Sep 7 (VIN 22502, received on like the 8th or 9th). It's listed as "Late October" and no DS has contacted me, and the dashboard still lists it as sourcing. Waiting is horrible.

Boy, if only I had another 20K to throw at the already expensive car :).

I guess with that in mind, I will wait my two weeks heh...
Yes. It should be first ordered, first delivered, but with a young company trying to prove itself...and make money...the larger the margin on the car, the faster it gets done. Especially, near the end of a quarter.

Just got the call that mine is ready several days early, so I get to pick it up at the factory tomorrow at noon.

Just in time for a trip up the coast to Point Reyes, which my wife and I had already planned. Should be a great inaugural trip!

Only trick is, I called the hotel, and no charge capability. They say it's the first time they had the request. Searching for a nearby charge station (and so it begins)...

Just got the call that mine is ready several days early, so I get to pick it up at the factory tomorrow at noon.

Just in time for a trip up the coast to Point Reyes, which my wife and I had already planned. Should be a great inaugural trip!

Only trick is, I called the hotel, and no charge capability. They say it's the first time they had the request. Searching for a nearby charge station (and so it begins)...

Have fun and post pics when you get back of that awesome P+

Hi texex91,
what i now they are doing this every quarter to reload material, adjust the process and get the employees some relief.
Just imagine how hard they've been working just to get your P85+ done in due time.

btw, what city in Hill Country (get my an PM pls)

gruesse

Fast Laner

I hope so; I confirmed my maxed out P85+ on Sep 7 (VIN 22502, received on like the 8th or 9th). It's listed as "Late October" and no DS has contacted me, and the dashboard still lists it as sourcing. Waiting is horrible.

That's weird. I am 22700 with a P85, finalized on the 5th, got VIN on 11th and got contacted on Monday about delivery on Oct 12th. I'd call them or email build my [email protected].

Sweet....dashboard shows production complete.

8/28 confirmed
8/31 VIN
9/13 status to In Production
9/20 status to Production complete
9/28 scheduled delivery (to PHX)

I would like to hope it got here a day or two early, but I doubt it.

Congratulations. Now the sleepless nights begin!:biggrin: If you do not mind, a number of us are trying to follow VIN numbers produced to get an educated guess on production numbers...Care to share yours? Thanks

I love the new 19" wheels. They look much better than i thought they would!
Thanks! I absolutely cannot wait to see them in person. I planned a trip thinking the car wouldn't be there until the 25th, then bang its early. So now I can't wait to get back to Houston and pick it up. I'll post some better pictures when I do, after driving until the battery's gone probably.

So I got the call yesterday - they are moving my delivery date UP by two days. Originally scheduled for September 28th will now be on September 26th!! Also received all the final paperwork, signed and paid.

Timeline was:

Ordered 8/25, confirmed 8/31,
Sourcing parts began 8/31
first contact with delivery 9/4,
finance applied 9/4,
finance approved 9/5,
finance accepted 9/6,
delivery date set for September 28th 9/6,
Dashboard shows "Factory building Model S" 9/18
delivery date revised to September 26th 9/20,
MVPA received and signed 9/20,
final payment (deposit etc.) paid 9/20

6 very long days to go......... I can feel the grinning beginning

So I got the call yesterday - they are moving my delivery date UP by two days. Originally scheduled for September 28th will now be on September 26th!! Also received all the final paperwork, signed and paid.

Timeline was:

finance applied 9/4,
finance approved 9/5,
finance accepted 9/6,

Confirmed 3 days after me, delivery 2 days before me. I should live in CA.

Timeline was:

finance applied 9/4,
finance approved 9/5,
finance accepted 9/6,

Mine is also an S85, Pearl White, Tan, CF, Tech, Pano, Parking sensor and Rear seats. Ordered 8/23 and VIN 21076 assigned on 8/26.
Scheduled delivery date of 9/28 in Orange County.
Final MVPA signed and down payment paid about 1-2 weeks ago. Financing secured.
Asked my DS to expedite delivery a number of times and he said he placed the car on the "Hot List" to try to move it into production earlier but it looks like it didn't help. Your ordered confirmed date and VIN were assigned after mine and we have essentially the same config but you are getting it a little quicker. The production process kinda feels a little random.

I am bummed b/c I am renting a car for a week since I already sold my daily drive (Volt). The waiting is probably one of the hardest part of the buying process.