Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed on 8/10 after placing my order in on 8/2. about a week later i got a call from a local DS re Sept 21 delivery. Dashboard switched to "in production" on Aug 30. Switched to "production complete" last Friday (Sept 6). Got a call yesterday afternoon and was told my car will be in Tampa next Monday, and am set for delivery Tuesday,the 17th, four days early!!!!

It's going to be a rough week of anticipation...........

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet. Nothing like a delivery four days early! Hope that trend continues.

Just checked Tesla site and got a HUGE surprise whooo hooo!!!:

In Production
The Tesla Factory is building your Model S.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet. Nothing like a delivery four days early! Hope that trend continues.

Just checked Tesla site and got a HUGE surprise whooo hooo!!!:

In Production
The Tesla Factory is building your Model S.

Congratulations! Seems like the factory is moving through things really quickly and dates are routinely coming in early. My delivery date has already shifted from 9/28 to 9/26. Since production seems to take about a week, I'm hoping that it will shift in further.

Interestingly, the website still shows as "Sourcing Parts" but now shows my specific pickup appointment (based on discussion with my DS).

FYI, rewski, as you're new...

If you think we don't have people on the forum that can reconstruct your full VIN from the partially obscured image, you're incorrect. ;)

Speaking for myself, I have one quick observation: Your check digit looks "odd" (not even sure what character it is in the screenshot) but should be '3'.

Thanks for the tip. I was not trying to be super secret with my VIN. I was just playing with a new iPhone app :)

Yep, if you place the order via phone. The Austin store gave Denver my number and they had to call ME, in order to buy. Weird State of Texas laws.

Obviously could have placed online, but talking to someone that could answer questions, etc helped.

Keep us updated on status!

Yes! Mine just flipped to "production" status too, 3 days earlier than they predicted. Increases the chances they'll make the Sept 25 pick up date at the factory. P+, blue/tan/obeche, pano, parking sensors.

Sleep anyone?
End of the quarter push. Sleepless nights should end for you by the 25th.......Happy for you.

According to my DS, my production completion is 9/30, with delivery around 10/7-10/8. Dashboard has been sitting at "Sourcing Parts" since I placed the order, and no VIN has been given to me. The VIN thing sucks since they wont ship the HPWC before it gets assigned. I have a complaint about that to the DS and the Ownership folks at Tesla.

According to my DS, my production completion is 9/30, with delivery around 10/7-10/8. Dashboard has been sitting at "Sourcing Parts" since I placed the order, and no VIN has been given to me. The VIN thing sucks since they wont ship the HPWC before it gets assigned. I have a complaint about that to the DS and the Ownership folks at Tesla.

I confirmed same day as you on 9/1 and received a VIN#22007 next day. No call from a DS though....and when I contacted @buildmymodels, was told 2nd week of October. Still says sourcing, and would really like to get a more exact date, but was told to wait a few weeks for DS.