Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S delivery Monday !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my car is ready a few weeks before expected and I’m picking it up Monday 4th December in Toronto. I’ve heard some nightmares about quality control so any tips/ advice about what to look for. I hope it will be a good experience.

...nightmares...

It depends how picky you are. Some were angry because of dirty unwashed cars, brake dust, finger prints, paint imperfections, panel gaps...

Some deficiencies are very easy to fix such as dirty cars while others may take longer such as paints but Tesla will make sure you're happy with your car if you give it a chance.

The press portraits the problem as common while Tesla denies the report because of its robust Quality Assurance program like shooting 228 water jets to pass your car for water seal competency:

upload_2017-12-2_23-35-31.png

and from the thread:

Water intrusion on driver's side window

EmBGsrQ.gif

Some believe those pictures are a conspiracy from labor union.

Please do take a few of inspectors with you to your delivery.

It depends how picky you are. Some were angry because of dirty unwashed cars, brake dust, finger prints, paint imperfections, panel gaps...

Some deficiencies are very easy to fix such as dirty cars while others may take longer such as paints but Tesla will make sure you're happy with your car if you give it a chance.

The press portraits the problem as common while Tesla denies the report because of its robust Quality Assurance program like shooting 228 water jets to pass your car for water seal competency:

View attachment 264284

and from the thread:

Water intrusion on driver's side window

EmBGsrQ.gif

Some believe those pictures are a conspiracy from labor union.

Please do take a few of inspectors with you to your delivery.

Yeh thx. Will be doing a through look through before signing. Fingers crossed.

Yeh thx. Will be doing a through look through before signing. Fingers crossed.
my car is ready a few weeks before expected and I’m picking it up Monday 4th December in Toronto. I’ve heard some nightmares about quality control so any tips/ advice about what to look for. I hope it will be a good experience.

I bought my Tesla before I even knew about this forum. I naively picked it up without inspecting and...it's been awesome for 30k miles with no problems whatsoever! Enjoy!

When I picked up my Tesla, I went through a huge checklist and was very picky. Everything was great and it was a great experience. The only issue I found was a front brake caliper that was slightly off color. I think it’s probably just from a detailing product and would even out with washing and normal wear, but they offered to replace anyway. Give it a thorough look, but be excited. You’re about to have a great ride!

On other kind of funny thing I noticed, that wasn’t really an error was the license plate frame. All the cars had a really nice “all wheel drive” frame. I was getting a S75 (RWD)... They swapped it for a straight Tesla one.

Reactions: am19750