Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water intrusion on driver's side window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
https://i.imgur.com/xC49y2d.mp4

Wind noise at highway speeds and water intrusion in car wash. I took it in for service and was told the water intrusion problem could not be reproduced. They did an adjustment to fix the wind noise, but it ultimately made the water intrusion problem worse (that's when I filmed this). I now notice a small drop of water inside at same location after heavy rain. Passenger side does not have this issue. Service center told me to hand wash only.

Anyone else have this problem and any luck with a solution?

I am a victim. I just powerwashed/rinsed the salt off until it's warm enough to hand wash.

Do people just accept this or they get it taken care of? Really scares me if there is a Pano roof seal issue I can't see. Can SC double check pano seals as courtesy that it is up to date?

https://i.imgur.com/xC49y2d.mp4

Wind noise at highway speeds and water intrusion in car wash. I took it in for service and was told the water intrusion problem could not be reproduced. They did an adjustment to fix the wind noise, but it ultimately made the water intrusion problem worse (that's when I filmed this). I now notice a small drop of water inside at same location after heavy rain. Passenger side does not have this issue. Service center told me to hand wash only.

Anyone else have this problem and any luck with a solution?

OMG i have had this issue forever!!! Couldnt think of a way to document it, since it happens when im doing 70MPH in the rain... wasn't going to try to record it.

I have screwed around the with seal myself some and got it to stop, but it returns sometimes depending on ambient temps...

Reactions: Gt1948
Ugh - I have the issue as well. I haven't noticed it IN a carwash yet, but have had it happen when they do a quick hand powerwash near my drivers side before the car goes into the wash. I had planned to raise the issue when I took it in for my first service but it sounds like they just may make it worse? :(

Reactions: Gt1948
Concern: Customer: Water ingress at LF quarter glass

Corrections: Water Ingress General Diagnosis

Tested and found water dripping at uppermost 1/4 glass seal where it contacts the primary seal. Adjusted both left front door windows for tighter fit and water tested again. Verified no water leaking in after repair.

Pay Type: Warranty

Reactions: Mucall
The wind noise / water dripping from the front quarter window and the seal at the upper back top around the main drivers window is recurring for me in my S. After several times at different SCs it's improved so I just get wind noise above 100-120kph (60-70mph) or so. I'm not sure if I'll try again as I'm paranoid the next fix will make it worse. Maybe in the spring if it's still bugging me.

post #13, great info.

So SC has had my car for 2 weeks. They are replacing the fixed windows... didn't even mention trying to adjust seals. Don't they have any kind of database for fixes?

They are a hard time getting some fixed windows. Supposed to be in tomorrow. I hope to have my car back this week but thank goodness they gave me a loaner, P85DL, however, it has a leaky pano roof lol.

I've always seen this with the small fixed windows after washing the car by hand. A little water gets through the seals - when water is sprayed directly on the windows.

But this has never been an issue when driving the car in rain - only when a stream of water is sent directly to the small fixed windows.

Yeah, I get this too in the exact same spot. Always in a touch-less car wash, and once in a heavy rain at highway speeds. Window seals also a source of wind noise, especially with strong cross winds. Have not taken it in to be fixed yet.

I'm picking up my car in 2 days. They said there is a bulletin for such an issues. Solution was replace fixed glass with new. My rep said they water tested THE HELL of out my car. I also had water intrusion issue in the front left and right fixed glasses at highway speed. Those were replaced too.