Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Spreadsheet Analysis (as of Nov 2016)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, after looking at the Model S Order & Delivery 2016, and being interested in seeing what it meant over time, I took the data and imported it into Tableau, (a data visualization tool), and played with it to see what I could gleam from it.

First I took the data sheets and combined them into one sheet to show all of the cars in the system. I also tried to clean it up a little where things were obvious (places where states were in the country field, etc...)
then I took that data set, removed usernames and comments, and imported it into Tableau and started playing with the charts.

What I ended up with is a set of charts that show:
  • Average delivery times to states and countries
  • Distribution of features (and breakdown by country, state, and model)
  • Production numbers and times
  • Production pattern (shows international cars being pushed to earlier in quarter)
  • Numbers of colors, models, and interiors (how uncommon is YOUR choice in options?)
  • Begin and end dates and VINs for models, colors and features.
Take a look:

Note: Since this data is based on information that the members of this group submitted, it is not intended to be 100% accurate, however I suspect it is probably representative of reality in many cases.

So, after looking at the Model S Order & Delivery 2016, and being interested in seeing what it meant over time, I took the data and imported it into Tableau, (a data visualization tool), and played with it to see what I could gleam from it.

First I took the data sheets and combined them into one sheet to show all of the cars in the system. I also tried to clean it up a little where things were obvious (places where states were in the country field, etc...)
then I took that data set, removed usernames and comments, and imported it into Tableau and started playing with the charts.

What I ended up with is a set of charts that show:
  • Average delivery times to states and countries
  • Distribution of features (and breakdown by country, state, and model)
  • Production numbers and times
  • Production pattern (shows international cars being pushed to earlier in quarter)
  • Numbers of colors, models, and interiors (how uncommon is YOUR choice in options?)
  • Begin and end dates and VINs for models, colors and features.
Take a look:

Note: Since this data is based on information that the members of this group submitted, it is not intended to be 100% accurate, however I suspect it is probably representative of reality in many cases.
Very cool. I didn't see any information regarding time from order to delivery. Judging from looking at the spreadsheet myself, I'm assuming there wasn't a large enough sample size to extract any statistically significant data?