Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S depreciation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@dzmconstr
Sold at $67ish
Did you buy?
I was waiting for it sub lower 60s. But this X Has been relisted once. Maybe it will be relisted again for less. One can hope
Not me...thought maybe you. I have the feeling it'll be relisted again because it looks to be in rough shape...only time will tell.

I was at the Littleton CO store today and they had two Xs that had just been taken in...so I'm sure they'll enter the Used pipeline soon. As an aside all but maybe two or three of the new Xs had horrible body panel misalignment / gaps consistently on the A pillar driver side panel.
DZM

Tesla just announced that they will ship used cars to your service center for $2000.
They tried it (not shipping cars, save themselves the hassle), it didn't work. Try and fail fast - Elon's moto. Now the question is, if you have the car shipped bug refuse delivery, are you still on the hook for the $2,000? If yes, it's $2K a pop to see a car, expensive.

Tesla just announced that they will ship used cars to your service center for $2000.

So glad they decided to do that. That policy of not shipping cars was bad for customers and bad for Tesla by causing unnecessary depreciation by limiting the market size, especially for CA cars.

Now if they can not sell CPO cars that look like they came from a junk yard...

They tried it (not shipping cars, save themselves the hassle), it didn't work. Try and fail fast - Elon's moto. Now the question is, if you have the car shipped bug refuse delivery, are you still on the hook for the $2,000? If yes, it's $2K a pop to see a car, expensive.

It does not matter what they say on the fine print but if they deliver a damaged car and a customer refuses it because they are embarrassed to drive home a damaged car, the only right thing to do IMHO in that case is to give the customer their money back and possibly apologize for wasting the customer's time.

Compare this to the fact that a bunch of car dealers allow you a couple of hundred miles or a couple of days to return a used car purchased for any reason and get all your money back.

If a sleazy car dealer can treat customers fairly, Tesla should be able to do the same.

Reactions: dzmconstr
We are way off the original post which was depreciation and cost of second hand cars, but that's cool.

I had a great CPO experience (or whatever you call it), just wish Tesla would either replicate my experience for others so people have no complaints, or they come up with another model for selling second hand cars. Beat up cars are in no way cool. I'm just saying man