Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S fan-made commercial (a good one!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I'm a cinematography student from Poland.
Some time ago I shot a fan-made Tesla commercial, and I'd like Tesla to see it,
but I have no idea who am I supposed to send it to. I was looking for any email adresses
of Tesla marketing dept, but failed to find any. I want the commercial to go on festivals
around the world, but I figured it would be nice to have Tesla permission.

Please, help! :)

Here's the commercial, and an article about it:

Krzysztof Komander Channels the Qualities of Innovation in Tesla Ad Spot

Hey guys,

I'm a cinematography student from Poland.
Some time ago I shot a fan-made Tesla commercial, and I'd like Tesla to see it,
but I have no idea who am I supposed to send it to. I was looking for any email adresses
of Tesla marketing dept, but failed to find any. I want the commercial to go on festivals
around the world, but I figured it would be nice to have Tesla permission.

Please, help! :)

Here's the commercial, and an article about it:

Krzysztof Komander Channels the Qualities of Innovation in Tesla Ad Spot

Not my cup of tea, but maybe others will like it..? Took about 55 secs just to show the vehicle, probably going to lose the average person watching a TV ad.

I'll be honest, even after reading the director's notes, it's still very, very, abstract. It's beautifully shot, but the concept of two different, opposing 'electric' realms/worlds joining together, to create.. a Tesla? I could watch it 10 times and never get that. It's just lots of great lights, lighting effects, art, and a man and a woman... I really can't "get" the story you're trying to convey in there at all. I'm sure in your head it makes total sense, but from an outsider's perspective, it's really hard to see through to that in the commercial.

from an artistic/technical standpoint, quite impressive.

Absolutely.

The good news is all you have to do is replace the last 5 seconds and it can be a commercial about anything!

I was thinking the exact same thing. Agree with the sentiments here: very artistic and well done. But also very abstract. The images plus music had me thinking Las Vegas, some nightclub or maybe alcohol.

Perhaps Tesla will make some variation of Project Loveday a re-occurring event.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Reminds me of an Apple reveal video. I dig it personally.
Spot on - reveal video, not commercial. The commercial has one task - to make you to want to buy.

When I had my university degree in cinematography /long time ago/ we had dedicated class, 4 semesters about commercial making. I am awere that things change over time and different university's have different classes but this was very helpful for me /and helped me make some great money/.

Still very good for student work!

Keep it going!!!

The one that won the first prize in Project Loveday was excellent. The ending on that one got me a chuckle and good smile.

This one has high production value and appears very professionally done, but a bit too cheesy for my liking. The guy and gal are stunning.

Reactions: Carl
There is one thing that struck me a little bit... here is the intended story of the commercial, which I understand:

Krzysztof Komander: The whole idea for this Tesla project is based on a dynamic creation of two separate electric worlds that have opposite shapes and colors, so that later they could be combined and in consequence create a third world that is represented by the advertised car with an electric engine. In order to separate these two initial realms, right from the beginning the geometry constructed from the light installation was one of the crucial elements for me. These differences in geometry were creating opposition between the two worlds.

... I found it strange that when these two worlds/realms meet to create the new third world, that the man and woman were inside the car. I didn't see this at first on my phone, but when viewed again on a desktop and knowing the story, that part surprised me a bit. To my interpretation of the story, the car should be empty. But that's just me.

There's one shot, about 40 seconds in, with white circular lights, that made my mind jump to Audi.
I agree that it is very well produced from a technical and visual perspective. If I was shopping for a car, not sure it would make me want to look at a Tesla, though.

I got annoyed with the flashing lights and had to fast scroll trough it. Might be a fun project to make but don’t think anyone would pay for the airtime to use for advertising. Just a bunch of lights and not much to do with Tesla.