Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S finally Updated, Am I lucky?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed that the model S got an update today, the nose looks like model X and the premium package gets the model x air filter and LED headlights. The important thing is I just ordered yesterday, and got an email saying I got all the update with no additional cost, I did noticed the price went up for $1500 for 70D. Guess I'm the lucky few. not a big fan of the new face front though.

Just noticed that the model S got an update today, the nose looks like model X and the premium package gets the model x air filter and LED headlights. The important thing is I just ordered yesterday, and got an email saying I got all the update with no additional cost, I did noticed the price went up for $1500 for 70D. Guess I'm the lucky few. not a big fan of the new face front though.
There are still plenty of inventory models available at www.teslainventory.com if you don't like the new look.

The 80 amp dual chargers are gone.

Just like Model X, don't forget to order the 72 amp charger upgrade.

It's an attractive update. If there was an optional Big Sky windshield, it could be a nice alternative for Model X. Even without the larger windshield, it's good for current Model X owners to have an option of trading in Model X for Model S without losing the newer front end.

The almost 300 mile range with the 90D choice is very tempting.

Imagine what the range will be in the future with a higher capacity battery.

Last edited:
The update is very minor. All important items are unchanged. I like the old face but obviously like the new lamps. Really pretty much a wash. I wouldn't feel bad if I just took delivery of an old version... other than some minor aesthetic stuff, functionally/feature wise pretty much the same.

The 80 amp dual chargers are gone.

Just like Model X, don't forget to order the 72 amp charger upgrade.

It's an attractive update. If there was an optional Big Sky windshield, it could be a nice alternative for Model X. Even without the larger windshield, it's good for current Model X owners to have an option of trading in Model X for Model S without losing the newer front end.

The almost 300 mile range with the 90D choice is very tempting.

Imagine what the range will be in the future with a higher capacity battery.
I'm changing my order to model X because I just noticed they have a 75D available for model X and the delivery time is June.

Reactions: Mark Z
I laughed when I saw the design at first but after a quick colour check in the design studio I can't say it's bad. The car looks terrible in red for example (opnion) but stunning in white (again, opinion). And the range upgrade WOW.