Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Firmware 8.1 (17.11.10)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Folks,

I just received this upgrade today. Is this old news or has 8.1 for Hardware version 1 vehicles been out already? I was surprised to see it was 8.1.

It includes Favorite Radio Station, Map ratings, open hours for businesses info for those business types searched for and Voice Commands for Favorite Locations.

Please advise.

Cheers

My loaner, so old it doesn't even have Hill Hold, VIN 20,866, is AP0, and has v8.1 (17.11.10). I have a feeling if Tesla is letting AP0 cars have it that they're finally finding ways to make one release version branch to the various hardware versions, and as others reported, this version is on AP1 and AP2 as well.

My loaner, so old it doesn't even have Hill Hold, VIN 20,866, is AP0, and has v8.1 (17.11.10). I have a feeling if Tesla is letting AP0 cars have it that they're finally finding ways to make one release version branch to the various hardware versions, and as others reported, this version is on AP1 and AP2 as well.
Do you mean "pre-Autopilot"? I don't think "AP0" is a thing, semantically. o_O

Any negative surprises, like when AP stopped going over the speed limit? Does your bluetooth still work fine?

I'm hesitant to be an "early adopter" of the software these days, consistent with me not updating my phone apps every week.

Did they happen to add back the audio source selection to the right scroll wheel? If they did that would be all I needed in 8.1. Please Tesla why remove this?
Nope, unfortunately it has still not come back in 8.1 (17.11.10).

The current right scroll wheel options are: Temperature, Fan Speed, Display Brightness, Sunroof, Recent Calls, Contacts.

• Helpful
Reactions: SeminoleFSU