Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S First Drive Reviews

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He likely means that he was forced as a tax payer to pay for part of the $465 million loan even though tax payers don't actually pay anything unless Tesla defaults on the loan (think I understand that correctly).
Nitpicker's corner...

Technically, he's correct. I think what you meant to say is:
even though tax payers get their money back unless Tesla defaults on the loan

Last edited:
I still want to know why the $500 million to Tesla is such a big, involuntary deal, but the $6 billion to Ford is never mentioned. And what, exactly, did we get for that $6 billion?

Most conservatives are hush-hush or conveniently ignores Ford's DOE loan because Ford is supposed to be their prime (only) example of the private sector succeeding on its own without government aid (as opposed to the GM and Chrysler bailouts). A lot them still argue GM and Chrysler would have been better off if they went bankrupt and restructured without the government bailout.

How would you guys feel about me populating a list of user TMC reviews like what I have below?

[List of first drive reviews/impressions from news outlets to date:]

[List of detailed first drive reviews/impressions from TMC users to date:]
Todd Burch | gg_wants_a_tesla | Zextraterrestrial | Derek M | Trnsl8r | sandwood | teslasguy | kendallpb | dflye | SoCalGuy | spatterso911 1 | spatterso911 2 | spatterso911 3 | Francis Lau 1 | Francis Lau 2 | FlasherZ | Odenator | Discoducky | ian201 | jasonhi | EarlyAdopter | Vegi | 100thMonkey | olanmills Mycroft | BriansTesla | Andrew Wolfe | BS Mann | johndoe74 | gjunky | kishdude | ADN_ModelS | AndyM

Last edited:
Motor Trend will have the Model S on the September cover!
It looks like the Chevrolet Impala got the cover...
Motor Trend September 2012 Chevy Impala, Exclusive Tesla Models | eBay
$T2eC16FHJHIE9nysd-GiBQCDHP,Rhw~~60_35.JPG

Actually... maybe there's a multi-cover thing going on...
MOTOR TREND MAGAZINE SEPTEMBER 2012 NEW CARS 2013 IMPALA TESLA BMW MALIBU NISSAN | eBay
$(KGrHqVHJC8E+WwjKDdoBQCfw38oUQ~~60_1.JPG

How would you guys feel about me populating a list of user TMC reviews like what I have below?

[List of first drive reviews/impressions from news outlets to date:]

[List of detailed first drive reviews/impressions from TMC users to date:]
Todd Burch | gg_wants_a_tesla | Zextraterrestrial | Derek M | Trnsl8r | sandwood | teslasguy | kendallpb | dflye | SoCalGuy | spatterso911 | Francis Lau 1 | Francis Lau 2 | FlasherZ | Odenator | Discoducky | ian201 | jasonhi | EarlyAdopter | Vegi | 100thMonkey | olanmills Mycroft | BriansTesla | Andrew Wolfe | BS Mann | johndoe74 | gjunky | kishdude | ADN_ModelS | AndyM

@loganss My review listed above is for the Karma comparison with the Model S, although I have a detailed review of the Model S test drive in LA and a video...

Test drive review

Test drive video

@loganss My review listed above is for the Karma comparison with the Model S, although I have a detailed review of the Model S test drive in LA and a video...

Test drive review

Test drive video

Oops. I completely missed the LA thread since it was further down the page. I added the links you provided but also kept the comparison one since it was pretty informative.
Thanks for catching that. I'll go back sometime this week and add other user reviews from the LA event.

Can a mod update the OP with the latest updated list of reviews?

Is it a reprint of their online first drive article from the 22/06 event?

Yes, it is a reprint of that event (which is the first link in the OP).

For anyone that's interested, their picture gallery is here:
2012 Tesla Model S Front Three Quarter 1 Photo 1

Actually... maybe there's a multi-cover thing going on...

That looks to be the case. I've got a subscription to MT and I received the second one (with Model S on a larger portion of the cover).

This blows :cursing:. I went to over 5 different stores and they all had the Chevy Impala cover. Bought one anyway but wish the B&M stores got the Model S cover.