Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S First Drive Reviews

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have a Prius...and I don't really know anyone close to me that does, but I have to admit the headline was a bit of a turn-off. No need to be ripping on people just because of the car they drive. A bit too snarky.
You should come hang out in the SF Bay Area. I was accosted by a Pruis driver when I was in my Corvette a few years ago. Tried to tell me how I was destroying the earth driving my "gas-guzzling sports car" (never mind it got 23mpg in heinous stop and go traffic and over 30 on the highway). I asked him how far he commuted each day, "40 miles each way." So, 400 miles/week. The job I had back then allowed me to work from home 4 days/week so I drove about 70 miles/week. I politely informed him that he was burning far more gas than I was and that he should really be careful as he's liable to get smacked by someone.

Anyway, all that to say, the Prius drivers I run into around here are smug (and can't drive a lick either) so I found the line in the article quite apropos. Note, I don't include the Prius drivers on this board in that group and they are here to "ascend" and didn't just buy one for the carpool sticker and/or because it was the trendy thing to do :)

For the Southpark take: Smug Alert (Season 10, Episode 2) - Full Episode Player - South Park Studios

Latest compiled list. Can a mod update the OP with this?

[List of first drive reviews/impressions from news outlets:]

[List of detailed first drive reviews/impressions from TMC users:]
Todd Burch | gg_wants_a_tesla | Zextraterrestrial | Derek M | Trnsl8r | spatterso911 1 | spatterso911 2 | spatterso911 3 | capt601 | DrComputer | gjamrok | Silenus136 | AnOutsider | jbherman | westcoast | SoCalGuy | Francis Lau 1 | Francis Lau 2 | FlasherZ | Odenator | Discoducky | ian201 | jasonhi | EarlyAdopter | Vegi | 100thMonkey | olanmills Mycroft | BriansTesla | sandwood | teslasguy | kendallpb | dflye | Andrew Wolfe | BS Mann | johndoe74 | gjunky | kishdude | ADN_ModelS | AndyM | MikeK | wycolo | vfx

Last edited:
Spotted this brief review in American Airlines "Celebrated Living" Meagazine (Summer 2012 edition)...

model S AA Mag review.JPG

Spotted this brief review in American Airlines "Celebrated Living" Meagazine (Summer 2012 edition)...

View attachment 8257

I saw that too. My favorite part of that "review" is that the Model S was along side Aston Martin, Ferrari, Bugatti and other luxury automobiles. That whole magazine has a Robb Report type of feel. I think they only offer it in First Class seat backs and Admirals Club lounges (I'm a very frequent flyer, so I see it in both locations).

I saw that too. My favorite part of that "review" is that the Model S was along side Aston Martin, Ferrari, Bugatti and other luxury automobiles. That whole magazine has a Robb Report type of feel. I think they only offer it in First Class seat backs and Admirals Club lounges (I'm a very frequent flyer, so I see it in both locations).

In the interest of balance, it was also alongside a $20k custom golf cart (think retarded Ferrari) and a $500 scooter that'll do 26mph :)

Also -- Model S on the cover of September Motor Trend issue: Twitter / TeslaMotors: Model S on the cover of the ...
Only for subscribers and aftermarket such as EBay.

I've tried 3 ways to contact Motor Trend but they don't seem to get the internet. I get sharded off to companies that do things like $120 reprints of the cover. This little adventure with trying to buy their magazine with the desired cover has led me to lose some respect for MT.