Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S First Drive Reviews

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Outstanding review. Then I thought - he didn't even talk about the awesome sound system.

Fair enough. But a big selling point in luxury cars is how quiet they are (and Tesla rules the silence), while its usually assumed that all of them have great sound systems.

Also, thought leaders like Motor Trend and Car and Driver score based on performance then mark you down if you don't match the norms on trim, fit and finish. And when you are focused on performance issues you generally need to be listening to what the car is doing. So in a short review pro-reviewers are going to focus on their bread and butter concerns, while giving the car the once over to see if it checks the basic trim boxes it needs to check.

The cupholders look like NYC approved 16 oz only though:smile: Where are the kids supposed to stash their 64 oz sodas? It's great that Tesla listened and was able to address that concern. I have a feeling the customer reviews are going to be really positive as well.

It was listed as 4,150ish a couple of weeks ago and the old number/goal of 3,850 was still appearing in lots of places too. Like I say, the number was squishy, which is fair considering that the car was still Beta a couple of months ago. That number likely changes with battery size anyways, but I am glad to see a number that sounds actual.