Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Jealousy - A Twist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today was delivery day for my new 60D! The plan was to take delivery, run through the checklist and then drop it off at the detailer for XPEL, Opticoat and tint.

I hop in my E46 BMW M3 with my wife to head to the delivery center - we both love M3 and even though it's 14 years old we are planning on keeping it for many more years. As we pull out of the house, the check engine light appears but the car seems to run just fine with no issues as we enter the interstate on our way to meet our beautiful new electric machine.

As we pull off the highway within a mile of the Tesla store, another warning light on the dash turns on and the car throws a fit and puts itself into "limp" mode. We're within a mile of our new Model S and the BMW refuses to drive over 15 miles per hour now! She doesn't want anything to do with our new Model S but she can't stop us now...

Luckily after we pick up our midnight silver work of art, all the warning lights disappear off the M3's display and she is purring again like the day she was born.

45 minutes later as I pull into the detail shop ahead of the new Tesla, one of the guys starts admiring the BMW and asking about the reliability of the sequential manual transmission. I recant the story of the Tesla delivery earlier and we have a good chuckle but I boast that the transmission has been rock solid over 130k miles.

As luck would have it, on the way home from the detail shop, my transmission light turns on for the first time ever and the car refuses to stay in gear. Stopped in the middle of traffic several times because of the inability to shift into gear, I barely make it to the BMW shop around the corner of my house.

$6036 in parts and labor for my M3.

My BMW hates me because I got a Tesla.