Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Launch Event 6/22/2012

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was fun to watch the live feed, BUT . . . Why didn't Elon deliver the "tens" of Model S cars that were indicated in the quarterly report to investors? The roll out of the Model S seems like a slow strip tease. It has been a series of 'events' designed to elicit interest, but the events continue to have a gross lack of evaluative comment from neutral/objective observers. While Elon had talked about "tens" of the Model S being delivered to customers in June, they delivered just a few Model S's to FOUNDERS today. Tesla didn't deliver to customers who would be objective about their cars, Tesla delivered to TELSA INSIDERS/FOUNDERS. Good grief . . , this is a bad tease with little or no ability to objectively evaluate the merits of the car. I've been on the reservation list for 2 1/2 years, I own Tesla stock, and have good reason to be frustrated that TM seems unwilling to allow an objective assessment of the merits of the car.

Sounds like you haven't read the motortrend or yahoo reviews yet... :)

Loved the dark wheels on the signature red! :love:

SigRedPerfWheels.jpg

Thanks for the advice Frankc! I followed your links...

If you can get it up on a file share site, I can handle the conversion.

So, here's a link Screen Capture of Model S Delivery Webcast Event where you can download it and I believe that people may be able to watch it from there. Its 366MB as I tried to get it in the best quality possible prior to anyone compressing it.

It doesn't embed but you should be able to watch it from this link: Model S 10 - N1g3lM's library

Somebody let me know if that works?

Presumably if it's all Founders cars then it's going to be nine others who similiarly do tech investing for a living. Probably no celebrities, other than if you consider Kleiner Perkins partners and their ilk to be celebrities. :wink:
I don't think Kleiner Perkins put money into Tesla. They are the main VCs who supported Fisker. DFJ is just a a little ways down the street from them.

Heh, I'm more convinced I don't want them :), but nice to have the choice. The darker rims just look dirty to me. Perhaps if I see it in person I'll see it differently.

I'm not sure what to think about the wheels anymore. I switched to silver so if I can't change them back I'll be fine with that too. They look much better in the picture than on the design studio.

Overall a cool event. You could definitely sense the excitement and pride by everyone in the room. Was hoping for more of a presentation at the end with information about the Supercharger network but I guess that'll come next month as was mentioned.

I don't think Kleiner Perkins put money into Tesla. They are the main VCs who supported Fisker. DFJ is just a a little ways down the street from them.

Oh I know -- they're Fisker folks after all. I was just using them as the most well-known example of a VC firm that would have partners who would be the types to be Founders of a company like Tesla. I never heard of the VC firms that invested in Tesla (I'm an admitted layperson), but assume all Founders are either VC partners or senior execs.

By the way, just because someone is a Founder doesn't mean they aren't a customer, and definitely doesn't mean they're necessarily an insider. Unlike Jurveston, who is on the Board, Founders can be just owners of (a lot of) stock now that the company's public. I'm sure some are insiders also as Board members, but not all 34 Founders!