Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Listing to Port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pgkevet

Jul 1, 2019
mid wales
Looks like my 2018S has a leak on the air suspension affecting the left side. I rang service who were unable/unhappy to commit to saying it was safe to drive to them so good old roadside arranged collection and a loaner.
It was nice to be able to get through to them all first go today.
That side of Tesla has always been efficient (well at least the two times I've needed them)
I also noted it was a little squirly when I drove it before spotting this issue so I've added a note for them to check traction control and alignment in case they got affected.

Interestingly Enterprise were going to try and find me a loaner Tesla with apologies that the nearest free one was 2 hrs away from them (and another hour to me). I told them that wasn't so important - anything I'll fit in will do. I've got other cars.
it's more the convenience when it comes to collecting mine later that I can use the loaner and leave it in birmingham

It's been on the rat mat every time so hope not 'cos a rumour they're only plastic too...
What are the components of the air suspension systems in the Model S? Is it similar to the BMW Self Levelling Suspension (SLS)?

I've had so much trouble with SLS in my previous BMW estates that I almost ripped it all out to replace with springs. There were too many components in that system that could fail, airbags, level sensors, compressor, air lines, reservoir, control module to name a few that it was ongoing process to keep it running.

What are the components of the air suspension systems in the Model S? Is it similar to the BMW Self Levelling Suspension (SLS)?

I've had so much trouble with SLS in my previous BMW estates that I almost ripped it all out to replace with springs. There were too many components in that system that could fail, airbags, level sensors, compressor, air lines, reservoir, control module to name a few that it was ongoing process to keep it running.

No idea gov' ... I just drive 'em:D
There was a hissing somewhere near the left rear when i set it to high mode and had a listen. Not much on searches for tesla air suspension faults for 2018 and later except one report i found of a failed cylinder...

No idea gov' ... I just drive 'em:D
There was a hissing somewhere near the left rear when i set it to high mode and had a listen. Not much on searches for tesla air suspension faults for 2018 and later except one report i found of a failed cylinder...
Thanks, OK so hissing you'd assume means the air is escaping, hopefully just a loose pipe, would be surprised if the bags have failed already.