Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Loner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it the pre-facelift (black nosecone) - like mine (see my avatar photo on the left)?

The seats are not likely to be the 3rd gen so could be the basic (not nice) seat or the 2nd-gen.

If you are interested there is a video on the subject. I think the 2nd-gen seats we have are the best of any car I have owned.

Whether seats are comfortable is a very personal thing. They design stuff for the 'average' man such that women, dwarves or giants (like myself) have to get lucky or put up with it. For me the biggest thing missing is extra lumbar adjustment and a headrest that adjusts forwards.. because I have to rake the seat backwards to fit in.

Whether seats are comfortable is a very personal thing. They design stuff for the 'average' man such that women, dwarves or giants (like myself) have to get lucky or put up with it. For me the biggest thing missing is extra lumbar adjustment and a headrest that adjusts forwards.. because I have to rake the seat backwards to fit in.
I always thought it wasn't recommended to actually rest your head on the 'headrest' while driving? They were introduced to protect from whiplash. But you are right - in our last car, a Mazda 6, I found the seats terrible on longer journeys with my lower back going numb! My wife loved them them :) We are all different shapes and sizes.

I always thought it wasn't recommended to actually rest your head on the 'headrest' while driving? They were introduced to protect from whiplash. But you are right - in our last car, a Mazda 6, I found the seats terrible on longer journeys with my lower back going numb! My wife loved them them :) We are all different shapes and sizes.

Looking at crash dummies (and avoiding such things myself so far - touch wood) in a head-on crash you're going to have head flop forwards and then rebound back. So i doubt where your head was at the start really matters? My driving position is such that there's a lot of inches between my head and the headrest - it's going to flop back a long way. Perhaps we all need a HANS device.....

Reactions: vitesse
Another update.

Phoned to ask about my car but they haven't looked at it yet as it was a drop off rather than scheduled service (understandable). I did raise the issue of the 90D range and I have arranged to collect a 100D tomorrow which I'm happy about as it gives a bit more reassurance for my trip this weekend.

All in all I’d say I’m still P****d off that my car is new and now broken however to be fair on Tesla they have got me a run around while it gets fixed. Although poor quality and I would like an equal car while mine is in. Don’t understand why they don’t have Model 3 loners.

You *just* might get to Oban and back without recharging if you leave with 100% driving a 100D. I notice you have the supercharger at the airport which is West of the city so maybe top up there on the outbound and you have the facility there if you need it on your return.

Remember that charging to 100% takes a long time - expect the last 5% to take 30-45 minutes. And between 100 and 95% there is no, or very little, regen braking.

EDIT - Forget it if the weather is bad (headwind and rain) - this also hits range.

You *just* might get to Oban and back without recharging if you leave with 100% driving a 100D. I notice you have the supercharger at the airport which is West of the city so maybe top up there on the outbound and you have the facility there if you need it on your return.

The supercharger at the airport is a bit out of the way for me on the way to Oban.

Might be best for me to stop at Eurocentral and top up. Also return via this route for a stop to charge.

How do I charge at a supercharger? Never used one and it’s free on the S :)

Did you get the 100D? How does it compare?

I did.

All in all I’d say I’m won over by the Model S. It’s a great cruiser and mega comfortable, quiet and refined on the roads. The 100D that I got was different to the 85 trim level I think. Also, this one was in better condition. The inside of the 3 is a nicer thing to touch if that makes sense. Maybe a little nice place to site but not by much. The 3 also just feels newer which is expected. I like model S and I have it at least for another week.

Nice car, but still want my 3 back :)

I did.

All in all I’d say I’m won over by the Model S. It’s a great cruiser and mega comfortable, quiet and refined on the roads. The 100D that I got was different to the 85 trim level I think. Also, this one was in better condition. The inside of the 3 is a nicer thing to touch if that makes sense. Maybe a little nice place to site but not by much. The 3 also just feels newer which is expected. I like model S and I have it at least for another week.

Nice car, but still want my 3 back :)
How was the road trip - did you get there and back without having to charge? :)