Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Long Range Plus - 390 miles (Model X upgraded, too)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Airforcebj, do you know what battery code you have? E or F? Mine is a Nov build too but it is the E battery. Wondering what yours is since it's the same month.

That's awesome you got the updated range. I am still on 2019.40.57. I put in for a mobile service appointment and asked to push through the software. They texted me yesterday and said "Firmware version 2020.8.1 is currently not available for your vehicle. Please check back in 1 week from today." Don't know why I'm so far behind.
Also interested in which battery he has. Mine is an October build with E battery. I'm on 2020.12, but so far no change to my range. I was thinking it may require the F battery, but not if his is an E.

I received my Model S Long Range Plus last Thursday, 3/19. It has the F battery, Tempest wheels and wireless phone charging. But no documented "Plus" even though that's what I ordered. I placed my order February 27. The Tesla rep checked and the VIN number was assigned March 5th. It was shipped by rail on March 9th. Arrived here in Florida March 17th.

The software version at delivery was 2019.35.108.3554e19 It would charge only to 335miles range at 100%
I ordered FSD but it wasn't activated until the day after I received the car. The Premium services was also activated the next day.
I had lots of trouble receiving wifi signal and after many tries and antenna adjustments got one dot of signal at my home. Finally, on Monday March 23rd the software was updated to 2020.8.2dc9bc402da23
With this update the Plus was added and at the update I had 250 miles range listed. The update took 45 minutes.
After the update my range jumped to 325 miles with 75% estimate of battery charge.

Before the update I was getting energy graph estimate of 443 miles range.

I also got other new features with the update but now I get 5 bars of wifi signal anywhere in my driveway.

It will take awhile to put some miles on to test the full charge range but I expect to have well over 400 miles now that the update is complete. The watts per mile is averaging 225 for the 200 miles I have driven.

I received my Model S Long Range Plus last Thursday, 3/19. It has the F battery, Tempest wheels and wireless phone charging. But no documented "Plus" even though that's what I ordered. I placed my order February 27. The Tesla rep checked and the VIN number was assigned March 5th. It was shipped by rail on March 9th. Arrived here in Florida March 17th.

The software version at delivery was 2019.35.108.3554e19 It would charge only to 335miles range at 100%
I ordered FSD but it wasn't activated until the day after I received the car. The Premium services was also activated the next day.
I had lots of trouble receiving wifi signal and after many tries and antenna adjustments got one dot of signal at my home. Finally, on Monday March 23rd the software was updated to 2020.8.2dc9bc402da23
With this update the Plus was added and at the update I had 250 miles range listed. The update took 45 minutes.
After the update my range jumped to 325 miles with 75% estimate of battery charge.

Before the update I was getting energy graph estimate of 443 miles range.

I also got other new features with the update but now I get 5 bars of wifi signal anywhere in my driveway.

It will take awhile to put some miles on to test the full charge range but I expect to have well over 400 miles now that the update is complete. The watts per mile is averaging 225 for the 200 miles I have driven.
Thanks, I also have the MS100DLR+ and my 100% is still 335
It was made on 2/20 & we picked it up on 3/14
Our WiFi is two bars and it sits directly below a ceiling mounted router
The Premium says it is working but my Slacker account doesn't reflect it
The Home Link and the wireless charging doesn't work
But!,, I did get to see, Navigate On Auto Pilot, one time. I had to disconnect because it wanted to leave the main road and take us down a secondary country road:eek:
We still haven't received our signing paper work, which really isn't a big deal but so far, I would really like to get that range
because we have places to go (once marshall law has been removed)

Pearl White Multi-Coat MS 100DLR+
MFG Date: 2/2020
Order #RN113275702
Vin Issued: 5YJSA1E29LFXXXXXX
Battery# T19K0135738
Part# 1086755-00-F

I did have wireless charging working and Navigate on autopilot worked pretty good on the highway. Only really tested the FSD with lane change and that worked well.
The wifi was weak but I kept it on and the update just showed up as stated. Rather than wait, I did the install immediately when the Tesla screen showed it ready. The app on the phone showed the progress 30%, 60%, 80% then rebooting, then complete with a new software number. The wifi signal is nice and strong now.

Today, my wife's phone app stopped working and I tried to correct it on line but got an error stating my zip code didn't match my state which is silly. Ended up having to delete the app and reinstall it with my UID and password. That worked. My phone app is fine.

Reactions: BozieBeMe2
For a follow up, I have been notified the reason why my MSLR+ only has a range of 335 is,
the range for the + has not been certified yet by the EPA and because of the small detail, my battery has been software locked. 2020.28.1 ae1963092ff8

View attachment 523828
Another Info Update.
Just received the new firmware, 2020.8.2 (dc9bc402da23)
My driver's ICU now says Long Range Plus, & with this firmware I should be up to 390 miles:).
Due to some pretty rough weather in my area right now, I'm not going to try the 100% just yet
But my 80% is 312mi, so that looks correct for a 390mi
When the storms have passed, I will fully charge the battery, then try out all of the new features.

Another Info Update.
Just received the new firmware, 2020.8.2 (dc9bc402da23)
My driver's ICU now says Long Range Plus, & with this firmware I should be up to 390 miles:).
Due to some pretty rough weather in my area right now, I'm not going to try the 100% just yet
But my 80% is 312mi, so that looks correct for a 390mi
When the storms have passed, I will fully charge the battery, then try out all of the new features.
if you have Teslafi, check the installs and see what you s/n says.....Is it a "Plus"

if you have Teslafi, check the installs and see what you s/n says.....Is it a "Plus"
Sorry, I don't use either of those apps due to my paranoia on privacy
Google is bad enough, on data mining of my trips
About Your Tesla.jpg

Attachments

• Control Panel Info.jpg
    Control Panel Info.jpg
    803.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited: