Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S manually tilted screen - fixed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When can I drive to Cambridge :D
Okay, I was able to complete the job and am quite pleased with it. I did it because it could be done but it was a lot of work to mount the switches etc. The good news is that it is ready if someone figures out how to get it working via the touch screen. Attached are some pictures and a final install video as ‘proof of operation’. There is an ideal power tap at the plug for the phone charging tray.

Attachments

• IMG_1726.jpeg
    IMG_1726.jpeg
    467.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1724.jpeg
    IMG_1724.jpeg
    386.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1723.jpeg
    IMG_1723.jpeg
    423.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1722.jpeg
    IMG_1722.jpeg
    415.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1721.jpeg
    IMG_1721.jpeg
    422 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1720.jpeg
    IMG_1720.jpeg
    548.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1719.jpeg
    IMG_1719.jpeg
    476.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Helpful
Reactions: paulchou and jebinc
Okay, I was able to complete the job and am quite pleased with it. I did it because it could be done but it was a lot of work to mount the switches etc. The good news is that it is ready if someone figures out how to get it working via the touch screen. Attached are some pictures and a final install video as ‘proof of operation’. There is an ideal power tap at the plug for the phone charging tray.
Nice! How far out from the dash can you tilt the screen toward the driver? More than 3”? Does moving the screen require use of both bottons/motors?

Try these

IMG_1725.MOV

IMG_1732.MOV

Here are some videos of it working on my lap and then installed. So, yes I can go considerably more than 3" and you do have to jockey both switches to position it. I am sure the logic in the car has to do that. If you want to tilt towards the driver, you pop the screen out about 1/2" on the left side and then take the right side out to where you want it. If the left side starts to make contact with the trim, you can easily see it and just bring it out a bit more. To take it flat, bring the right side all the way back in and then tuck the 1/2" on the left side back in.

The thing I really like is that it is future (dreaming) enabled such that if it was figured out how to enable in the car, the two brown plugs are right there and could plug into the motors and it would be done. For now, it is massively better than nothing !

PS : I am not going to write a 'how to' for the project however I will provide tech support and discussions on a PM basis to anyone interested so just PM me if you want to know more.