Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model s p85 door handle problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2013 model s p85 the door handles appear to be gen 3 the drivers side door does not present but door opens when i walk up to it ,when i close it locks and i can hear the handle Moters whirring ,i have looked at the wiring all looks ok is there any way i can recalibrate the handle myself i live on a small remote island so tesla service is not an option any thoughts thank you

You would need to determine which door handle you have first. If it is the original handle, it would likely be the paddle gear. If it is a GEN 3 handle, it is more than likely a broken motor gear. We are working on a solution for the GEN 3 handle motor gear.

The battle gear is broken more than likely it’s pretty easy to fix I actually started fixing them in my backyard for people that didn’t want to pay full price I am in Los Angeles so I only deal with people who can come to my house or meet me at a local charger it’s pretty easy but I could see how people can screw it up and damages and I have to buy a whole new one