Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S P90D Road Test coming to MotorWeek January 8th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ed and Carolyn Jordan (Gaithersburg MD), owners of a 2013 Red Tesla Model S P85, drove up to Owings Mills, MD on Friday December 4th to support the Tesla community by letting the producers of MotorWeek use their car in the introductory scene for the 2016 Model S P90D Road Test. The segment will debut January 8th (Episode 3518).

Ed and Carolyn were also treated to a tour of Maryland Public Television's facility, a behind the scenes view of the production, and a chance to meet the host John Davis.

MotorWeek is available on PBS and Velocity on cable/satellite.

Station Listings | MotorWeek

600_444902502.jpe

600_444902499.jpe

600_444902498.jpe

Quote from a producer...

"Yes it did have the ludicrous speed upgrade and I can say it's aptly named. Keeping the wheel straight is best when testing it out haha. The torque will yank the wheel right out of your hand."

- - - Updated - - -

I had a ride at the Tysons' Corner service center on Sunday, and it was quite amazing, scary, and impressive. Then, today, I discovered you can rent a Model S from another owner.

Find a rental car or make money renting your car Turo

Keying off the sentence "Keeping the wheel straight is best when testing it out", my guess is that the quote was about the torque steering effect if you try to punch it while turning. I have experienced torque steer in front-wheel-drive vehicles like the GM EV1, but I have not tried it in the Model S.