Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid huge depreciation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get the frustration but I think folks are just unrealistic. So, if the execs at Tesla build develop a strategy around discounts and pricing for new cars that they think will impact profitability/stock price/etc, they should not do implement it due to the current owner's depreciation issues? Sorry, but it just doesn't make sense.

Mine was one of the first deliveries of the Plaid. I got a slight discount for originally ordering the pre-refresh Model S Performance which Tesla switched to the refresh Plaid. My car configured the same today cost $20,000 less. So I figure I just paid an early entry fee of $20,000 to be able to enjoy this car for two years while others are just buying it now. I would not have waited two years to save $20,000. Waste of money? For sure! So is any new car. Hell, buying anything above a used Honda is a waste of money. A car is never an investment and always a waste of money so you just have to enjoy it like you would spending money on a vacation, on a boat, on a vacation home, expensive dinner, etc. Not all purchases make good financial sense but they are good for the senses.

I get the frustration but I think folks are just unrealistic. So, if the execs at Tesla build develop a strategy around discounts and pricing for new cars that they think will impact profitability/stock price/etc, they should not do implement it due to the current owner's depreciation issues? Sorry, but it just doesn't make sense.

Agreed. And many act like this is a huge surprise when in fact Tesla shared their goals very clearly in the published Master Plan publicly several years ago lol. OMG they want to increase production to continue lowering prices to consumers. That’s not fair I bought this as an investment with trading cards! Lol

IMG_0549.png

Reactions: Watts_Up