Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid just hit 216mph.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The EV haters also forget to check the Nurburging time that the Plaid can dial in.

The Plaid is ranked around 100 or so on the Nürburgring and is beat by the likes of Camaros and Alfa Giulia's. I get on straight line acceleration nothing of four doors and five passengers comes close, but is the 7:35 Nürburgring time, a full minute behind the top car, braggable?

The Plaid is ranked around 100 or so on the Nürburgring and is beat by the likes of Camaros and Alfa Giulia's. I get on straight line acceleration nothing of four doors and five passengers comes close, but is the 7:35 Nürburgring time, a full minute behind the top car, braggable?

There exists something called vehicle class. The Plaid holds the crown in its class.

Look at the exotics that cost much more. The fastest isn't quite a "full" minute faster.

Braggable? Given the facts, easily ...

The Plaid sits at ~48 out of the top 100.

SmartSelect_20220702-133202_Firefox Focus.jpg

SmartSelect_20220702-133153_Firefox Focus.jpg

Last edited:
This lap was super scary to watch. With proper brakes, suspension, tires and seats (like UP Dark Helmet) it would be in top 5 there. Anyway, this also doesn't matter for 95% of buyers. EV is not there yet for mass market domination. 25K price with 1000km range and 10x more superchargers would destroy ICE as a class. It will happen one day.

The two speed gearbox was always a joke when you realise there is a train that has gone 374 *mph* on a single speed gearbox.

However, regarding the Nurburgring, I don't think the time is that great. There are BMW M4s, M3s, Alpha Giulia and a Porsche Panamera that have gone around faster.

Reactions: emailforbrett
Where exactly do you think you can drive for 20 minutes straight at 253mph?
I think the whole spiel about it (on Top Gear, take it with a grain of salt) is that the tires last ~20 minutes and the fuel runs out well before that. You have to send your Veyron wheels to France because only Michelin themselves can replace the tires.

Reactions: buckets0fun
I think the whole spiel about it (on Top Gear, take it with a grain of salt) is that the tires last ~20 minutes and the fuel runs out well before that. You have to send your Veyron wheels to France because only Michelin themselves can replace the tires.
After Xraying the wheels and ensuring that you didn’t destroy/microcrack them, to the tune of 35k$ per tire change.

Pretty gnarly when you look at it in terms of currency, seems reasonable when you consider the cost of maintenance as a percentage of initial retail of the vehicle.