Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid problems?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh I just remembered an issue while driving from SF to Las Vegas. After every supercharging, and when you start driving, it will say that your sensors are blocked or obstructed and will eventually go away. Not sure what the issue is, but seems like a jolt of electricity to the car triggers a software bug to the proximity sensors. This problem went away after I got a software update to 2022.20.7. Did not observe the same warning on the drive back from Vegas to SF.

Thanks n2mb! Mine has been lowered from the start and no half shaft issues for me. I was wondering if I was just lucky......

There are some minor things with my Plaid stemming from less than stellar build quality but otherwise it has been a good car. I've got about 25k miles on it and even have the Sport 4S I started on which is unusual for me (from previous Model S). It seems as though Tesla got the rear camber problem fixed at least on my car.

Background - we are going on an eight Model S family. Company interface still crap but the cars have been great.
So you have never experienced the dreaded vibration that seems to affect many other drivers/cars?
I too have never had any half shaft issues at 14k now. Could it have anything to do with the wheels we have?

Thanks n2mb! Mine has been lowered from the start and no half shaft issues for me. I was wondering if I was just lucky......

There are some minor things with my Plaid stemming from less than stellar build quality but otherwise it has been a good car. I've got about 25k miles on it and even have the Sport 4S I started on which is unusual for me (from previous Model S). It seems as though Tesla got the rear camber problem fixed at least on my car.

Background - we are going on an eight Model S family. Company interface still crap but the cars have been great.

HEY! Great to see you over here too. I recognize you from Mac life

Reactions: n2mb_racing