Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My bet would be that you need the full $20k Track Package to unlock 200MPH
I was told that the CCB kit installed and firmware updated only would be necessary for VMAX unlock. This is also on par with the videos we’ve seen using 21” Arachnids from Europe. Of course you should have wheels and tires capable of that speed safely.

But….. we all know Tesla so let’s see how it all pans out.

The Goodyear Supercar 3R ties that come with the 20” Zero-G wheels are rated at 186mph. Go figure.

Last edited:
My bet would be that you need the full $20k Track Package to unlock 200MPH
I suspected as much. One of the early publications eluded to sensors that check if you have the requisite equipment(s) for the Vmax unlock. It wasn't entirely clear if that meant wheel, brake, or both.

I was told that the CCB kit installed and firmware updated only would be necessary for VMAX unlock. This is also on par with the videos we’ve seen using 21” Arachnids from Europe. Of course you should have wheels and tires capable of that speed safely.

But….. we all know Tesla so let’s see how it all pans out.

The Goodyear Supercar 3R ties that come with the 20” Zero-G wheels are rated at 186mph. Go figure.
Understandable. This is the same rating as the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 & 2R tires, which we know are designed to handle far beyond 186 mph. The Y rating (186 mph) is the highest the manufacturer is able to get certified for today. There is a much older Z rating that is for anything north of 149 mph, but for all intent and purpose is considered obsolete.

As anticipated my service date for the install was moved to July 1st due to “parts availability and shipping/receipt time”
Nothing would surprise me in terms of availability. I ordered the 19" Tempest winter package for my Plaid the moment it was available in Fall, 2021, and it took just under six months to get them. Just ridiculous. Of course they took my money the second I submitted the order...

My reschedule happened because after getting a 6/8 install date through the app, I messaged the service center (knowing everytime I need a part it takes a week or two) and my advisor talked to the parts manager whom advised they don’t stock the new kit and then called up north. After calling Fremont he said they expect my kit to be shipped from Fremont to their So California service center and received within 2 weeks. Won’t ship until at least this Monday but they sounded like it would be maybe a week before ready to ship. Go Telsa.

Last edited: