Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
saw the teslari article that they sold out within an hour. wonder how soon they'll restock (or how available the ccb's will be), and what the supply / demand will do for the value that was previously crushed by the price drop a few months ago. might be a nice rebound.

saw the teslari article that they sold out within an hour. wonder how soon they'll restock (or how available the ccb's will be), and what the supply / demand will do for the value that was previously crushed by the price drop a few months ago. might be a nice rebound.
Took about two and a half days in the US to sell out. I don’t know where that article gets it’s facts from.

I have been told these kits include fully built new front and rear knuckles (possibly hubs as well). This will necessitate a four wheel alignment after install. Does anyone else have aftermarket camber arms and lowering links that sees a potential issue ?
That would make sense, since the new (larger?) calipers will likely have different main bolt holes that are located differently than provided by the existing knuckles. New hub/bearing would be a bonus! That would also simplify their installation process as a straight drop in with one pre-assembled caliper/disc/hub/knuckle assembly.

Has anyone ordered with a 2023 model year ? If so were new knuckles mentioned in your cost estimate ?

I’m now hearing that 2023 models already have the updated knuckles and only 2021-2022 will need them replaced.

The knuckles have the same caliper bolt spacing so that isn’t the reason for retrofit. Someone mentioned the new knuckles improve ride quality and Tesla is including them on the 2021-2022 conversions.

Has anyone gleamed more information ?

Owners in Europe are getting installs done as of last week.

Calipers are AP Racing manufactured. Rotors are Surface Technology manufactured. Both UK based companies.

The kit is coming with new steel braided brake lines and a new wiring harnesses. New dust shields (perhaps larger diameter) are part of the retrofit kit as well. Not sure yet if the harness is because of the new separate electronic parking brake calipers or for the vehicle to know the track pack is present.

Firmware update always changes how the master cylinder actuates in accordance with these new brakes.

Last edited:
Anyone have information if Tesla will install it on a car with a full MPP suspension package?
I may have misunderstood your question. If you are asking if they will install with aftermarket arms/etc. installed, the answer is yes. HOWEVER, the conversion includes new front and rear knuckles which means all arms on the knuckle side get unbolted. This always requires a 4 wheel alignment afterwards.

Quite a few pitfalls to plan and navigate especially if lowered. Tesla generally won’t align any aftermarket that requires adjustment.

I had originally read your post as if I show up with MPP suspension and brakes can I get the upgraded software. Wednesday brain fog.

Last edited:
just got pushed to 7/10!? They'd already moved me to 6/19. so they miscalculated the parts delivery date by almost a month? seems like they'd be able to nail this down a little more accurately these days
Go read the round steering wheel threads and you’ll see the same thing. They pushed me right for about 2 months if not more before finally getting the wheel and airbag in and installing it. Par for the course with Tesla!

Now you can get the steering wheel almost instantly in my area. When I went to order the first day, it said OOS several times for me for just the CCB. I gave up and figured I'd wait. Maybe not it turned out to be the best. By the time people start getting theirs installed, it likely might have better availability. I can just order and get it quickly rather than Tesla having an interest free loan from me.