Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do they also change the alignment as part of the Track Pack? Based on how many people see significant improvement with the camber arms and adjustments, it seems the stock alignment is part of the stability issue on the Plaid.

Do they also change the alignment as part of the Track Pack? Based on how many people see significant improvement with the camber arms and adjustments, it seems the stock alignment is part of the stability issue on the Plaid.
If you need new knuckles a 4 wheel alignment should be added to the service stack. If you also get the wheels they will align to new front specs.

Since I have aftermarket camber arms and lowering links I asked them not to align.

Tesla won’t touch anything aftermarket so an alignment would yield my link settings nil and they wouldn’t touch the arms. My alignment is better for my personal preferences than Tesla would be able to align to using their procedures.

Reactions: MFrunkerOG
If you need new knuckles a 4 wheel alignment should be added to the service stack. If you also get the wheels they will align to new front specs.

Since I have aftermarket camber arms and lowering links I asked them not to align.

Tesla won’t touch anything aftermarket so an alignment would yield my link settings nil and they wouldn’t touch the arms. My alignment is better for my personal preferences than Tesla would be able to align to using their procedures.
OK thanks, I have a '21, so I think that means I would need new knuckles. I like the idea of the track pack, but really don't need it because I don't track the car and I'm not really that hard not the brakes, so CCB would be overkill and I wouldn't use the R compound tires since I live in FL. But I would like some more high speed stability. I'm thinking I could probably just do the camber arms/alignment, and possible an aftermarket big brake kit if I wanted some extra stopping power.

My car was made in 10/21 . So getting new knuckles then with the track pack.

Yours? Also they saw the aftermarket parts and still installed it?

Update at 2pm PDT. Apparently the tech had a question he needed to get resolved about the brake bleed or the bleed tool.
That's not a good sign, anyone with absolute minimal experience knows how to use those things whether it be a pressure system, a vacuum system, or just have another tech pumping the brakes while someone bleeds it.

The experience level and education required for a service advisor is a high school diploma and an understanding of Microsoft tools, word, excel, etc. It would not surprise me at all if this is the same for technicians who are expected to learn via on the job training… as in, learning on our vehicles.

Try going to an auto parts store and asking them a question. All they know how to say is “what is the year?, what is the make?, what is the model?, what is the engine size?” Their vehicle knowledge depth is absolutely nonexistent.

Joe

That's not a good sign, anyone with absolute minimal experience knows how to use those things whether it be a pressure system, a vacuum system, or just have another tech pumping the brakes while someone bleeds it.

I'm curious everybody that is buying the CCB or Track Package, are you guys actually planning on taking the car to the Track or just want the upgraded brakes for daily driving? I'm on the fence and want the better brakes, never going to the Track.. donno if its worth it.

I'm curious everybody that is buying the CCB or Track Package, are you guys actually planning on taking the car to the Track or just want the upgraded brakes for daily driving? I'm on the fence and want the better brakes, never going to the Track.. donno if it’s worth it.
Personally, I’m doing it mainly for the brake confidence in daily and spirited driving. I will however track her several times to get to know the car’s behavior at and beyond the limit.

There are a few reasons why I am getting it:

1) To say that I have driven over 200mph. Our local airport opens one runway (large military jet runway) to vehicles to do performance runs.
2) To better stop.
3) For bragging rights.
4) Because a close friend bought it for me as a thank-you gift.

Joe

I'm curious everybody that is buying the CCB or Track Package, are you guys actually planning on taking the car to the Track or just want the upgraded brakes for daily driving? I'm on the fence and want the better brakes, never going to the Track.. donno if its worth it.

In order to get the track pack firmware to successfully finish the bleed is very specific and specific abs pressures must be met. If not, toolbox aborts the firmware upload and they must start over.

In order to get the track pack firmware to successfully finish the bleed is very specific and specific abs pressures must be met. If not, toolbox aborts the firmware upload and they must start over.
Reprogramming can change pressure values in the brake system, but it has absolutely nothing to do with flushing and/or bleeding the system.

They said the abs module literally overheats during this process and needs quite a bit of time to cool down. They are very protective of this process and hold it very secretively.
Same goes with almost anything with a Tesla, they don't release anything, even when it comes to what measurement is "within spec" of a panel gap. It's not a super complex situation, if the pressure values change on the system, it's because they are reprogrammed to do so. You can do this with other cars and it's not a big deal.

But I digress, the initial reply was about them saying they were having trouble with the brake bleeding system, and these two things are unrelated. If they said they were having problems figuring out the bleed tool or process, they were either idiots, or BSing you.