Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anything new today to report ?

Attachments

• IMG_3634.jpeg
    IMG_3634.jpeg
    241.9 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: xEvoLveDx
My car should be ready, and with any luck I am going to pick it up in a few hours. I ended up sourcing factory arachnids to complete the install. Tesla was nice enough to keep the installation moving while I got a set of wheels that they would support.

So while it was a frustrating start, I do want to give a shout-out to Robert at the Dallas Tesla Service Center by Love Field. He was very good with communication and tried to accommodate the requests I had throughout the process. Overall it has been a positive experience and Robert was key to that. While I haven't been able to confirm it, he said the top speed limit was set to 200 mph. This is with the factory 21" Arachnid wheels. I have read that others didn't get the top-speed unlock unless they went with the Zero-G wheels.

I went by earlier and picked up my old parts. They very nicely packed them back in boxes and condensed down everything they could to the minimum number of boxes. They even helped load up the car. I gotta say the stock rotors are heavy as hell. While I didn't get to weigh them, I'd say they are at least 2-3 times heavier than their replacements. This has to be a huge savings in unsprung weight.

I can't wait to get the car and see how it performs. I got to see one side that was finished up and with the Arachnids (which I've never been a fan of) the car looks pretty sinister. The curb appeal just went up massively.

Reactions: xEvoLveDx and bkcyk
My car should be ready, and with any luck I am going to pick it up in a few hours. I ended up sourcing factory arachnids to complete the install. Tesla was nice enough to keep the installation moving while I got a set of wheels that they would support.

So while it was a frustrating start, I do want to give a shout-out to Robert at the Dallas Tesla Service Center by Love Field. He was very good with communication and tried to accommodate the requests I had throughout the process. Overall it has been a positive experience and Robert was key to that. While I haven't been able to confirm it, he said the top speed limit was set to 200 mph. This is with the factory 21" Arachnid wheels. I have read that others didn't get the top-speed unlock unless they went with the Zero-G wheels.

I went by earlier and picked up my old parts. They very nicely packed them back in boxes and condensed down everything they could to the minimum number of boxes. They even helped load up the car. I gotta say the stock rotors are heavy as hell. While I didn't get to weigh them, I'd say they are at least 2-3 times heavier than their replacements. This has to be a huge savings in unsprung weight.

I can't wait to get the car and see how it performs. I got to see one side that was finished up and with the Arachnids (which I've never been a fan of) the car looks pretty sinister. The curb appeal just went up massively.
Chris Neal spoke with the regional service director in Texas and he was told that As long as the car has wheels that clear the brakes and tires rated for the mph....the brakes are all that's required to unlock the 200 mph.

Again, everyone’s mileage may vary due rot the numerous inconsistencies. I have 21” arachnids and am unlocked to 200mph.

Awesome! I love the Arachnids and can't stand aftermarket wheels on the MSP (never ever thought I'd say this about any vehicle).

I wish the calipers weren't red since my MSP comes with red calipers from factory.

The Zero-G requirement for removing speed governor is horse dookie. This dude is on Arachnids and did 200mph+ in Germany in regular+track modes.

Last edited:
Chris Neal spoke with the regional service director in Texas and he was told that As long as the car has wheels that clear the brakes and tires rated for the mph....the brakes are all that's required to unlock the 200 mph.

Again, everyone’s mileage may vary due rot the numerous inconsistencies. I have 21” arachnids and am unlocked to 200mph.
Awesome! I love the Arachnids and can't stand aftermarket wheels on the MSP (never ever thought I'd say this about any vehicle).

I wish the calipers weren't red since my MSP comes with red calipers from factory.

The Zero-G requirement for removing speed governor is horse dookie. This dude is on Arachnids and did 200mph+ in Germany.

The reason why I pointed out the speed limit unlock is I heard someone in Austin didn't have theirs raised because they didn't have the Zero-G wheels installed. I had already seen the YT vids of high speeds on the Arachnids so I know it shouldn't be an issue.

What version of the base software are you on? Right after they finished my car, I got a notice that 2023.20.8 is ready. I am currently on 2023.20.4.1. Will be curious to see if they update anything going forward with respect to the CCB or track mode for cars with CCB.

What version of the base software are you on? Right after they finished my car, I got a notice that 2023.20.8 is ready. I am currently on 2023.20.4.1. Will be curious to see if they update anything going forward with respect to the CCB or track mode for cars with CCB.
I’m at 2023.7.20 (FSD beta 11.4.4). You got newer firmware but an older version of FSD beta. I won’t get an update until FSD beta increments beyond 11.4.4 as they don’t roll back.

I tried to get Tesla to weigh them but they wouldn't. Maybe since @tij664 still has his in boxes he could weigh them. :cool:

There should be significant savings in unsprung mass vs. the stock parts. I wish the rest of the Plaid was high quality as this brake system is.
IMG_3813.jpeg
This is what they told me the reason they couldn’t install them was. I was kind of set on returning them but I decided to ask the SC if they’d work with me in any way to get these installed. One of the lead advisors told me they could give me two options: remove the MPP control arms and bring it in with stock arms and they’d gladly install them.

The other option is they’d give me a pro-rated refund for installation and I can have them installed elsewhere. After the installation I can bring the car back to the SC and they’d update the car configuration to unlock all track pack features including top speed. They said this has to be done at the SC and can’t be done over the air.

This seems reasonable to me and I got a shop I’ve worked with in the past lined up to install the brakes and align it.

I’ve always been weary of spoken promises but the advisor did send me the promised refund amount over email.

Got an appointment at the shop that has done previous suspension and brake work for me and they will install. They’ve done fantastic work for me in the past so I’ll update once it’s all done.

Last, @DayTrippin I’d be glad to weigh anything since I got the boxes handy. Let me know.

@tij664 Please be our hero and give us all the weights you can!

Enjoy!
Boxed weights:

Rear caliper 25.6 lbs
Front caliper 20.1 lbs
Rear rotor 15.9 lbs
Front rotor 21.2 lbs

I can’t actually weigh the stock rotors because I don’t have them in front of me right now but I’d guess they’re at least 2X-3X as heavy as these CCB from the last time I had to carry them. I’ve never felt stock caliper weights in my hand so I can’t tell how much lighter these are.

I would assume the calipers have pads already since I don’t see a separate box with pads but I haven’t opened to confirm.

• Informative
Last, @DayTrippin I’d be glad to weigh anything since I got the boxes handy. Let me know.
Glad you have a resolution for getting them installed.

Please at least weigh a front and rear rotor and a front and rear caliper if you take them out of the box.

I just picked my car up what a difference even just driving around town. The pedal is definitely firmer and the initial bite is better. Now sure if they tweaked the ABS settings there or not but I feel like I reach the onset of ABS engagement quicker.

I think the tires are definitely a limiting factor now. I have the PS4s.

I took a few blasts up into triple digits and applied the brakes. All I can say is the car should have come with these brakes to start with. If you are on the fence about buying them, definitely worth the cost of admission.

Enjoy!
Boxed weights:

Rear caliper 25.6 lbs
Front caliper 20.1 lbs
Rear rotor 15.9 lbs
Front rotor 21.2 lbs

I can’t actually weigh the stock rotors because I don’t have them in front of me right now but I’d guess they’re at least 2X-3X as heavy as these CCB from the last time I had to carry them. I’ve never felt stock caliper weights in my hand so I can’t tell how much lighter these are.

I would assume the calipers have pads already since I don’t see a separate box with pads but I haven’t opened to confirm.
Track pack Calipers do come with pads installed.

Glad you have a resolution for getting them installed.

Please at least weigh a front and rear rotor and a front and rear caliper if you take them out of the box.

I just picked my car up what a difference even just driving around town. The pedal is definitely firmer and the initial bite is better. Now sure if they tweaked the ABS settings there or not but I feel like I reach the onset of ABS engagement quicker.

I think the tires are definitely a limiting factor now. I have the PS4s.

I took a few blasts up into triple digits and applied the brakes. All I can say is the car should have come with these brakes to start with. If you are on the fence about buying them, definitely worth the cost of admission.
The ABC modulation indeed is tweaked with the track pack upgrade.

The firmware is a mystery. Some with inside knowledge say simply toggling the brake system option to Carbon Ceramic is all they do after the bleed and bed. That alone sets the speed limit and tells the track mode to use the carbon ceramic settings.

There is no “mystery”. There is a configuration file (basically a .txt) with lots of “parameters” in it (which toggles specific functions)
One of them is CCB parameter which, when toggled, alters the brake pedal and the suspension in track mode