Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's the only downside I see opting for Track Pack brakes which is consistent with sourcing any parts from Tesla.

***It took Tesla nearly 6 months to replace two rear AP Racing calipers***

Lesson learned: Do not ever get in a situation where you need to replace TP components. Mine was only a cosmetic issue. If my rotor or whatever made the car unsafe or undriveable, I'd be looking at time+cost of going back to sht steel brakes, twiddling thumbs for half a year, and then another time+cost sht sandwich to go back to the TP setup.

I might just sell my MSP to derisk myself, but the stop+go power is addicting. Perfect LA daily.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Just got the car back with the track pack brakes and wheels installed. First one at the SC and they completed in 3 days with no issues, including new knuckles for front and rear on my 2021.

The SC did the work with the following aftermarket parts on the car:

1. MPP Brake Brace
2. MPP Upper Control Arm
3. MPP steering bearings
4. All 3 MPP arms for the rear
4. Unplugged sway bar
5. I was able to pick up the rear knuckles before they were installed from the SC, took to my local shop, and had them press the Unplugged spherical bearings into the rear knuckles, then SC installed these new rear knuckles with the UPP bearings --- was not planning on doing this mod if the SC was not going to install the knuckles with the bearings.
6. Brembo GTS BBK kit for the front (405mm steel rotors and 6 piston calipers) - now for sale
7. MPP rear rotors and aftermarket pads - now for sale

They would not do the alignment, which is totally understandable with all the MPP arms.

The guys at my SC are very cool. I confirmed they were ok with all the aftermarket parts months before the install. They were excited to do the upgrade since it was the first one.

The only issue I had was I was original scheduled for an August 5th install, but finally got it completed this past weekend.
Circling back to this, how does TP compare to your experience with the Brembo BBK? I track my MSP a handful of times a year and I’m considering options. I’ve been hoping that I could get by with BBK fronts and UP Brake ducts.

Circling back to this, how does TP compare to your experience with the Brembo BBK? I track my MSP a handful of times a year and I’m considering options. I’ve been hoping that I could get by with BBK fronts and UP Brake ducts.
Brembo is a great kit! More than enough for most and ideal for track. I do half mile runs and wanted the top speed unlock was my main reason for getting the TP.

IMG_0436.jpeg

Reactions: Sam1
I don't know who owns this but I would like to apply for an assistant's job just so I can work in the office.
It’s the office of legendary 3 time champion Lou Gigliotti who built and owns G2 Motorsports Park in Anna TX just North of Dallas, a world class race track and racing Country Club for car lovers and racers of all types. I was the first electric car and first and only Tesla to join so far. The facility is brand new and just recently opened. I want to spread the word to the north Texas Tesla community and get a group of Tesla enthusiasts who enjoy taking their car to the track to come out and join me. Lou is a legend in the race car world and a genuine heck of a nice person. It’s my first experience tracking a car and he’s teaching me in my Tesla model S plaid, which has a track package. Anyone in North Texas come on out and join me. Check out G2 Motorsports on YouTube.

It’s the office of legendary 3 time champion Lou Gigliotti who built and owns G2 Motorsports Park in Anna TX just North of Dallas, a world class race track and racing Country Club for car lovers and racers of all types. I was the first electric car and first and only Tesla to join so far. The facility is brand new and just recently opened. I want to spread the word to the north Texas Tesla community and get a group of Tesla enthusiasts who enjoy taking their car to the track to come out and join me. Lou is a legend in the race car world and a genuine heck of a nice person. It’s my first experience tracking a car and he’s teaching me in my Tesla model S plaid, which has a track package. Anyone in North Texas come on out and join me. Check out G2 Motorsports on YouTube.
What’s the rough cost on doing that? Id love to get my plaid on a track.

What’s the rough cost on doing that? Id love to get my plaid on a track.
I just had my first lesson in my plaid last week and I'm already hooked. This is a private country club for car enthusiast so it's not open to the public and you have to be a member. It's not cheap but you can finance it. The least expensive way to get in and be a member is to buy a gold membership for $55,000 but you can finance it over four years with zero interest after a small down payment. It works out to $1000 a month. But with a membership you get full use of a giant brand new clubhouse where you can entertain your family and friends, access to the track for 80 private days a year plus access to all track days. And for those of you with a lot more money than me you can even buy a garage condo trackside where the bottom half of the condo will store your cars on display and the top half is a loft to decorate and furnish as you see fit which I call the man cave area and then there's a deck off of the man cave area outside of a sliding glass door where you can sit and watch all the activity on the track. It's a really really cool facility and it's not quite finished yet so everything's brand new and the track is world class . The least expensive garage condo is $500,000 and holds 4 cars, but it's like any other piece of real estate, you own it and with the price of the garage condo a VIP membership is included which normally costs $100,000 with a few more perks than the gold membership that I bought. For anyone interested, I'm looking for two or three like minded people such as myself that just want a place to be able to get away and spend time with your car on a track and have your own private garage and condo man cave right on the track and if I get two or three people to split the cost the actual trackside condo including a VIP membership can be as inexpensive as $150,000 per person, one time expense. So you might think of that as the cost of a small cabin out of town that you might use for weekend vacations but instead of going fishing you get to track your car. There are lessons available as well. For anyone interested, go to their website:
G2Motorsports.com
If anybody wants to go in with me on a garage condo because I can't afford it by myself post your information. Also, there are charging stations on the property at the track and there's a Buc-ees only 11 miles away with Tesla superchargers so we're in good shape on the charging. Pictures: Me with the owner Lou Gigliotti, Lou's office, my car parked in front of the office.

Attachments

• IMG_0431.jpeg
    IMG_0431.jpeg
    416.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0004.jpeg
    IMG_0004.jpeg
    571 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0436.jpeg
    IMG_0436.jpeg
    675.6 KB · Views: 4
I just had my first lesson in my plaid last week and I'm already hooked. This is a private country club for car enthusiast so it's not open to the public and you have to be a member. It's not cheap but you can finance it. The least expensive way to get in and be a member is to buy a gold membership for $55,000 but you can finance it over four years with zero interest after a small down payment. It works out to $1000 a month. But with a membership you get full use of a giant brand new clubhouse where you can entertain your family and friends, access to the track for 80 private days a year plus access to all track days. And for those of you with a lot more money than me you can even buy a garage condo trackside where the bottom half of the condo will store your cars on display and the top half is a loft to decorate and furnish as you see fit which I call the man cave area and then there's a deck off of the man cave area outside of a sliding glass door where you can sit and watch all the activity on the track. It's a really really cool facility and it's not quite finished yet so everything's brand new and the track is world class . The least expensive garage condo is $500,000 and holds 4 cars, but it's like any other piece of real estate, you own it and with the price of the garage condo a VIP membership is included which normally costs $100,000 with a few more perks than the gold membership that I bought. For anyone interested, I'm looking for two or three like minded people such as myself that just want a place to be able to get away and spend time with your car on a track and have your own private garage and condo man cave right on the track and if I get two or three people to split the cost the actual trackside condo including a VIP membership can be as inexpensive as $150,000 per person, one time expense. So you might think of that as the cost of a small cabin out of town that you might use for weekend vacations but instead of going fishing you get to track your car. There are lessons available as well. For anyone interested, go to their website:
G2Motorsports.com
If anybody wants to go in with me on a garage condo because I can't afford it by myself post your information. Also, there are charging stations on the property at the track and there's a Buc-ees only 11 miles away with Tesla superchargers so we're in good shape on the charging. Pictures: Me with the owner Lou Gigliotti, Lou's office, my car parked in front of the office.
Those tracks are the way to go. One of my buddies is a member at our private track here Performance Driving Schools - Racing Schools - Motorsports Country Club | Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch and he lets me tag along a few times a year (it's amazing). Unfortunately that one is out of my price range for memberships, I think he said it was about $75k + $7k per year.

He's also who gives me all of the tires off his Porsches to put on the plaid after he uses them for 1 track day...because Porsche owners think you're a peasant to run the same tires on two track days or something lol...whatever, works out great for me!

Reactions: n2mb_racing
G2Motorsports.com
Where is this place? In Dallas?

I need a new set of wheels for my track excursions . I’ve reached the limit of what I can do on the 265/295 combo.

The zero G wheels with tire looks very approachable at $6k. Going to one of the forged wheel guys here will easily reach 8k when it’s all said and done - tires, tpms, shop fees etc.

Now if anyone here in the southeast US wants to offload their zero G wheels they bought but want to go slim again, that’d be awesome!