Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh: Homelink multiple signals?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried parking assist the other day. I pulled up next to the parked car in front of the space I wanted to park in. It did not try to park in the obvious spot as anticipated. It backed up past the open space, another parked car, and was parking in the spot 2 cars back. :)

I am still experiencing the multiple signaling problem with 32.22 (sometimes its not just double but as many as 4 times, you can watch the garage door dance - also i can see in the garage door log that it received multiple actions) ALL THE TIME. I can't upgrade yet due to a problem with an internal flash storage that needs to be replaced. Once that happens I hope the update fixes it, but I am not optimistic.

Ok I can confirm that once service resolved the flash storage issue and I was able to upgrade to .44.* the homelink problem is completely solved. Same with 2022.4.*

WOOHOO amazing how much better the experience is when you arent fighting with the car or using an old school opener.

Reactions: WilliamG
Ok I can confirm that once service resolved the flash storage issue and I was able to upgrade to .44.* the homelink problem is completely solved. Same with 2022.4.*

WOOHOO amazing how much better the experience is when you arent fighting with the car or using an old school opener.

I can confirm that after installing 2022.4 on my 2020 MX the Homelink multiple signal issue was solved (at least for the past few months) without the flash storage repair.

The issue comes and goes so we'll see how it fares up for now.

I just wanted to share the hell I went through to get my 22 Refresh S to work with a brand new pair of 8500W LiftMasters.

The Keypad, 2019 Volt, OEM Visor buttons all programmed with the learn button on the Opener without issue.

Then Came the Tesla and I tried Both methods. Neither worked. Tried using OEM remotes and KeyPad and Learn Button.

Finally I wiped the car homelink, rebooted the car. Still no go. Then I had a hunch the car might be confused by signals from the openers and drive away a block. On the 2nd try the headlights blinked using standard method using OEM visor buttons. Did both sides a couple times. This after trying 20 times at the house.

I drive back and no buttons. Because they are location based. So I reset location and it still didn’t work.

I cleared the buttons again and learned them again. Now it all learned perfectly and it worked.

Not sure which step made it work. But the software in the Tesla is F’d up. You can tell using it, it does the learn button thing to fast. It never send a transmits. And when using the standard method it varied how behaved.

I think driving did something with the GPS that allowed it to work. Like it had a stale position because the car had been parked there for a while.

I just wanted to share the hell I went through to get my 22 Refresh S to work with a brand new pair of 8500W LiftMasters.

The Keypad, 2019 Volt, OEM Visor buttons all programmed with the learn button on the Opener without issue.

Then Came the Tesla and I tried Both methods. Neither worked. Tried using OEM remotes and KeyPad and Learn Button.

Finally I wiped the car homelink, rebooted the car. Still no go. Then I had a hunch the car might be confused by signals from the openers and drive away a block. On the 2nd try the headlights blinked using standard method using OEM visor buttons. Did both sides a couple times. This after trying 20 times at the house.

I drive back and no buttons. Because they are location based. So I reset location and it still didn’t work.

I cleared the buttons again and learned them again. Now it all learned perfectly and it worked.

Not sure which step made it work. But the software in the Tesla is F’d up. You can tell using it, it does the learn button thing to fast. It never send a transmits. And when using the standard method it varied how behaved.

I think driving did something with the GPS that allowed it to work. Like it had a stale position because the car had been parked there for a while.
We had to replace the control panel on one of our 8500 LiftMasters. There's a slight revision in the model from the previous control panel but we were able to replace all three of them for free under warranty. We only installed one right away (to replace the one that stopped working). The 2022 Model S and X were both programmed successfully on the first try but the 2017 Model S never worked with the new control panel. We'll try your suggestion and see if the GPS trick helps.