Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@AOSK PLEASE TAKE THIS OFF MY HANDS SOMEBODY. Would be happy to forward over the specs and design process for whatever a fair compensation would be for my time.

In the interim---Ill just keep producing them. Batch #2 will most likely be laser cut to speed up this process.

Anyhoo a few asked about clearance, so here it is:

Suspension @ Highest setting:

Front:
View attachment 746827
Rear:
View attachment 746828

Lowest setting:

Front:
View attachment 746825

Rear:
View attachment 746826

Out here today beginning to do the detail cuts:
View attachment 746829
Looking good! Great clearance. :)

Just making sure we're all good with flaps being reversed for me? (smooth side toward tire, rough side toward rear the car?)

Also, please make sure when billing everyone that we have the ability to tip. I'd like to contribute a little more considering the time put into this.

Looking good! Great clearance. :)

Just making sure we're all good with flaps being reversed for me? (smooth side toward tire, rough side toward rear the car?)

Also, please make sure when billing everyone that we have the ability to tip. I'd like to contribute a little more considering the time put into this.
Yep I'm going to double check in PM with the first 10 and write it down before I thermoform.

Screenshot 2021-12-21 at 8.29.52 PM.png
Winter Driving Tips  Tesla Canada.png

@AOSK PLEASE TAKE THIS OFF MY HANDS SOMEBODY. Would be happy to forward over the specs and design process for whatever a fair compensation would be for my time.

In the interim---Ill just keep producing them. Batch #2 will most likely be laser cut to speed up this process.

Front:
View attachment 746827
Rear:
View attachment 746828

Lowest setting:

Front:
View attachment 746825

Rear:
View attachment 746826

View attachment 746829
@M4H4X Thank you! If you were to guess, when you you think batch 3 would ship?

Front:
View attachment 746827
Rear:
View attachment 746828

Lowest setting:

Front:
View attachment 746825

Rear:
View attachment 746826

View attachment 746829
sounds good! I sent you a message. let us know how you think.

Done. Now I'm ready to start filling the first 10 orders.

I'll reach out to the first 10 on the list individually now to fufil and which side you'd like to face out (rear away from tire) so I can thermoform each set and ship.

(I would still recommend smooth side out, textured side towards tire--after seeing the beating mine are already taking out on these rock infested roads.)
IMG_20211222_011725.jpg

IMG_20211222_012015.jpg

Alrighty the first 10 have been PMed with payment details and etc ...

I'm going to fill the first 4 orders tomorrow, then get the rest after the holiday weekend.

Batch #2 and #3 people: I'm going to order supplies for your flaps after the holiday weekend and I'm going to borrow my friends Model 3 sized laser cutter to zip out 80 flaps (will eliminate the need to sand and drill!) And then fufill accordingly. Hold tight, it will be a few weeks due to the holidays.

Anyone not in the list, hold tight. It anyone drops from batch #1, 2, or 3, it will make room to squeeze more in.

I will most likely have a manufacturing partner to mass produce these in place after that, and I'm sure there will be many hitting the market as well seeing as Tesla is finally going to make a front set.

If I'm not able to secure a manufacturing partner, I'll just keep making these until the market has a viable alternative for folks. So just keep an eye on this thread for the time being.

By the way as an experiment I hit the smooth side of a scrap peice
IMG_20211222_154055.jpg
with a random orbital at 220 and it did matte up nicely but it turned grey (hard to see in pics), so I wouldn't recommend it. Stick with the shiny side.

You can't see any imperfections in the daytime anyways unless you put your nose up to it:
IMG_20211222_154218.jpg

IMG_20211222_154222.jpg
(car is in highest suspension setting because inclined driveway)

• Informative
Reactions: jm404 and jebinc
By the way as an experiment I hit the smooth side of a scrap peice View attachment 747111with a random orbital at 220 and it did matte up nicely but it turned grey (hard to see in pics), so I wouldn't recommend it. Stick with the shiny side.

You can't see any imperfections in the daytime anyways unless you put your nose up to it:View attachment 747112

View attachment 747113(car is in highest suspension setting because inclined driveway)
Alright. Sold on the original like yours! Smooth side OUT! Final answer! (As long as it's not too late, of course!)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: bhzmark and jebinc