Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cost breakdown for first set of 10 will be:

$191.67 for hardware for 10 cars
$292.30 for Extruded ABS Sheets for 10 cars
$250 for labor for 10 cars:

That comes to $73.40 per set plus shipping.

I will get UPS to package and ship these for me, cost will probably be around $25 per with materials.

$100 all in sound fair folks?

edit: Attached material receipts:
Priority or First class will be a lot cheaper for shipping costs. not fond of UPS, but use whatever is best for you.

I will get UPS to package and ship these for me, cost will probably be around $25 per with materials.

My only worry is UPS when shipping to Canada. Would you consider USPS or DHL for Canada?
UPS has a nasty reputation of gouging us with Customs fees.

Reactions: chrisdh79

Good with me! Thanks so much

Count me in, thanks!
PS. Texture pattern out!

Absolutely more than fair. 🥰👍🏻

Reactions: jebinc and jm404

That sounds great. Thank you for doing this!

Happy to send money now. Just PM me with your payment info.

That sounds great. Thank you for doing this!

Happy to send money now. Just PM me with your payment info.
Parts will be here Friday so I’ll start cutting the first batch of 10 sets this weekend.

I’ll reach out to everyone on the list in the order they’re in, so be on the lookout.

I don’t want to charge anyone until I have a set for them ready to go, so there’s no ambiguity or waiting time, the parts will be built and ready to ship.

Also I got you as well @jebinc , added you to the list on my post in the prior page.

Last edited:
New rough cut install video for the rear that also explains why it’s easier to do the back with the wheels off the car:

YouTube Link
Great video. That seriously looks fantastic. And contrary to @jebinc, I like the smooth side toward the rear of the car. 😂 Looks really clean, and I agree it will be less abrasive on the paint. Basically, that video is exactly how I’d have it!

Great video. That seriously looks fantastic. And contrary to @jebinc, I like the smooth side toward the rear of the car. 😂 Looks really clean, and I agree it will be less abrasive on the paint. Basically, that video is exactly how I’d have it!
One thing to be aware of, the “smooth” side will not be perfect. This plastic practically comes pre-scratched on the non-textured side, but it’s just the nature of the beast. I suppose you could sand a texture into the “smooth” side if you wanted.

Scratches and divots and so forth visible here:
F818D5D2-A1D5-43FD-A240-00B07DC798FB.jpeg

In a perfect world I’d like to have texture on both sides. But this is how it comes.

It doesn’t bother me because it’s a consumable part much like a tire. The goal of the flaps is to blend in and not be noticed. And they do a good job of that.

I’ll experiment with some resurfacing with some scrap pieces tomorrow out of curiosity though.

One thing to be aware of, the “smooth” side will not be perfect. This plastic practically comes pre-scratched on the non-textured side, but it’s just the nature of the beast. I suppose you could sand a texture into the “smooth” side if you wanted.

Scratches and divots and so forth visible here:
View attachment 741527

In a perfect world I’d like to have texture on both sides. But this is how it comes.

It doesn’t bother me because it’s a consumable part much like a tire. The goal of the flaps is to blend in and not be noticed. And they do a good job of that.

I’ll experiment with some resurfacing with some scrap pieces tomorrow out of curiosity though.
Not fussed in the slightest about that. They’re going to get dirty anyway. But thank you for the heads up!

Reactions: bhzmark

$100 sounds great to me! Thank you for doing all of this!

Reactions: jm404 and bhzmark
I have a long trip coming up. I hope I get it in time for that. My reservation number is 2x. What if people with a later reservation number get to take delivery earlier? The outrage! Is anyone starting a checklist to inspect the mud flaps when you get them? That texture out will be sweet! Good choice!....
I’m just hoping they are 2022 mud flaps. I’ll refuse delivery of 2021s.

I have a long trip coming up. I hope I get it in time for that.
Haha. I was thinking the same thing. I got a 1200 mile road trip scheduled in 2 weeks, which includes a 14 mile drive on a gravel road! :eek:
The place we are going to recommends bringing a vehicle that could handle that. Fortunately, I have PPF on, but not full protection. These mud flaps cannot come soon enough.

Reactions: WilliamG