Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FINAL rear flap. With the integrated clip. Dual thermoformed angles for wheel well shape and finessed the clip “closed” position for minimal stress after install.

2 bolts per side! No drilling! No PPF needed, but doesn’t hurt.

View attachment 739628View attachment 739629View attachment 739630View attachment 739631
And on the car:

View attachment 739632View attachment 739635View attachment 739636View attachment 739637View attachment 739638View attachment 739639

Working on my other side now.

Going to take a few days now to figure up how I’m going to collect money/keep up with orders, then I’ll open up and ship in the order I’ve been DMed on here.
I just wanted to make sure I'm on the list of clients when you are ready to produce and ship ;) ?

UPDATE:

I'm currently getting all the bulk materials together for the first batch of 10. Should have all of it in by the end of the week:

Here are the names I have so far:

1. @DJ-3
  2. @WilliamG
  3. @PhilippeNorm
  4. @sflgator
  5. @jleonk
  6. @scrapps
  7. @bmms8
  8. @Rbats
  9. @CaptUAL
  10. @JavTPY
  11. @Bull
  12. @derichio02
  13. @gbailey
  14. @Laddcruzer
  15. @shadowmike
  16. @StiTChEs37
  17. @Spyderman09
  18. @jm404
  19. @alb
  20. @MFrunkerOG
  21. @deadwynter
  22. @GroovaEV
  23. @4SUPER9
  24. @chrisdh79
  25. @Buddha2345
  26. @properly1
  27. @planetary
  28. @bhzmark
  29. @jebinc
  30. @Mgbjr16

@DJ-3 -- Since you made your own flaps -- you still want a pair of these?

Also -- Room for 2 more. I'll go ahead and do 3 batches. :S Batch 2 and 3 you guys can expect to wait a few weeks.

My next post will be the cost per set (still figuring it up due to material/bulk costs).

Once I get that sorted out I'll reach out individually to confirm orders/collect funds.

Note: I will not collect funds until I have a produced set in hand ready to ship so I can ship same day for anyone who confirms order.

EDIT: The list is full now. Once I get through this batch -- we'll see how I feel about producing more. I also still plan on posting the templates/instructions in-case anyone wants to try on their own.

Last edited:
Today I've found out that it's quite hard to source black zinc fender washers in bulk.

I'm looking to buy at least 200 5/32" ID / 7/8" OD, or #10/M5/M6 ID w/ 7/8"-1" OD.

All I can find is stainless for the most part.

edit:

I may have to go w/ Stainless hardware. Which is technically more corrosion resistant than a zinc/oxide coated metal. But --- you'll be able to see it against the black flap.

Reactions: nwd89 and bmms8
Today I've found out that it's quite hard to source black zinc fender washers in bulk.

I'm looking to buy at least 200 5/32" ID / 7/8" OD, or #10/M5/M6 ID w/ 7/8"-1" OD.

edit:

I may have to go w/ Stainless hardware. Which is technically more corrosion resistant than a zinc/oxide coated metal. But --- you'll be able to see it against the black flap.
I guess one could paint it if they are bothered by it, right?

I guess one could paint it if they are bothered by it, right?
You can but it might not last. Stainless is hard to bond to.

Black Oxide washers like those above are also not ideal as the oxide coating will chip off in time.

Best solution for black is black zinc which is a bit thicker. That's what I used for my personal set. Found the fasteners at ACE Hardware -- just not available in bulk.

• Informative
Reactions: scrapps

edit:

My first thought is McMaster-Carr. Amazing selection.

One possibility:

Or:

Also, you can call them for discounts on bulk.

Last edited:
My first thought is McMaster-Carr. Amazing selection.

One possibility:

Also, you can call them for discounts on bulk.
That's close.

1/4" Is too large for the cap screw. Idealy a #10, 5/32", 3/16", M5, or M6 would suit the inner diameter.

edit:

This may work:
McMaster-Carr

Last edited:
That's close.

1/4" Is too large for the cap screw. Idealy a #10, 5/32", 3/16", M5, or M6 would suit the inner diameter.
Here is one for a 3/16" screw size. Has a 1" OD though.

Probably every washer you could want in multiple materials. The black steel ones are Black Zinc Plated, Black Oxide SS, and Ultra Corrosion Resistant SS.

Last edited:

edit:

I prefer SE, actually. For those who want black, just use a large sharpie.

UPDATE:

I'm currently getting all the bulk materials together for the first batch of 10. Should have all of it in by the end of the week:

Here are the names I have so far:

1. @DJ-3
  2. @WilliamG
  3. @PhilippeNorm
  4. @sflgator
  5. @jleonk
  6. @scrapps
  7. @bmms8
  8. @Rbats
  9. @CaptUAL
  10. @JavTPY
  11. @Bull
  12. @derichio02
  13. @gbailey
  14. @Laddcruzer
  15. @shadowmike
  16. @StiTChEs37
  17. @Spyderman09
  18. @jm404
  19. @alb
  20. @MFrunkerOG
  21. @deadwynter
  22. @GroovaEV
  23. @4SUPER9
  24. @chrisdh79
  25. @Buddha2345
  26. @properly1
  27. @planetary
  28. @bhzmark
  29. @jebinc
  30. @Mgbjr16

@DJ-3 -- Since you made your own flaps -- you still want a pair of these?

Also -- Room for 2 more. I'll go ahead and do 3 batches. :S Batch 2 and 3 you guys can expect to wait a few weeks.

My next post will be the cost per set (still figuring it up due to material/bulk costs).

Once I get that sorted out I'll reach out individually to confirm orders/collect funds.

Note: I will not collect funds until I have a produced set in hand ready to ship so I can ship same day for anyone who confirms order.

EDIT: The list is full now. Once I get through this batch -- we'll see how I feel about producing more. I also still plan on posting the templates/instructions in-case anyone wants to try on their own.
Just wanted to thank you for doing this for the community. Taking time out of your day and planning everything means a lot to me and I’m sure everyone here. I hope you make some profit even if it’s a little. It’s well deserved!

Cost breakdown for first set of 10 will be:

$191.67 for hardware for 10 cars
$292.30 for Extruded ABS Sheets for 10 cars
$250 for labor for 10 cars:

That comes to $73.40 per set plus shipping.

I will get UPS to package and ship these for me, cost will probably be around $25 per with materials.

$100 all in sound fair folks?

edit: Attached material receipts:

Attachments

• 0143FBF2-5D02-494F-A4AE-1CA9722316AB.jpeg
    0143FBF2-5D02-494F-A4AE-1CA9722316AB.jpeg
    346 KB · Views: 53
  • D6011D2D-84F4-4E55-B557-E7045134E24A.jpeg
    D6011D2D-84F4-4E55-B557-E7045134E24A.jpeg
    280.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Cost breakdown for first set of 10 will be:

$191.67 for hardware for 10 cars
$292.30 for Extruded ABS Sheets for 10 cars
$250 for labor for 10 cars:

That comes to $73.40 per set plus shipping.

I will get UPS to package and ship these for me, cost will probably be around $25 per with materials.

$100 all in sound fair folks?
Will you have any install instructions that you can at least post up in this thread (or perhaps start a new thread)? Or an install video on YouTube would be cool (if it's not too much trouble). And, must the rear wheels be removed to install the rear mud flaps? I know the front ones can almost definitely be installed by just turning the front wheels, but wondering about the rear mud flaps? Are they all installed without drilling any new holes, correct? And using just push-pins and screws into exisiting oem fender well holes, correct? Thank you again for working so hard on this project...for all of us....much, much appreciated. $100/set is definitively fair, imho for all your hard work and getting all of these together for each of us!

Will you have any install instructions that you can at least post up in this thread (or perhaps start a new thread)? And, must the rear wheels be removed to install the rear mud flaps? I know the front ones can almost definitely be installed by just turning the front wheels, but wondering about the rear mud flaps? Are they all installed without drilling any new holes, correct? And using just push-pins and screws, correct? Thank you again for working so hard on this project...for all of us....much, much appreciated. $100/set is definitively fair, imho for all your hard work and getting all of these together for each of us!

The front set requires 1 new hole in the unpainted black fender liner because Tesla left that hole out on the Refresh (it was present on the 20MY and down). The hole can be drilled without removing the tires. If you read back around page 6 or 7 I document that hole location.

The rear set requires no drilling.

Rear set CAN be installed w/o removing the wheel w/ the suspension at it's highest setting, but your work area will be extremely confined so you'll have to take your time and have a few beers.

Removing a rear tire makes that 10-20 minute job a 2 minute job. But I can understand if you don't have a jack/pads available.

IF ANYONE IS IN THE DFW AREA AND WANTS A SET OF FLAPS -- I'd love to shoot your car for the install instructions.