Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Revised list. @DJ-3 dropped because he worked out his own solution. @Bkguy I’ve added you to the list now.

1. @WilliamG
  2. @PhilippeNorm
  3. @sflgator
  4. @jleonk
  5. @scrapps
  6. @bmms8
  7. @Rbats
  8. @CaptUAL
  9. @JavTPY
  10. @4SUPER9
Whoever in this first list of 10 who wants a "smooth side out, textured side towards the tire." Set of flaps, speak now or forever sing Soprano.

Cutting the first set of 10 tonight. Probably beginning to thermoform tomorrow after which time they will not be reversible.

Looks nice, I made a similar design for my P85D out of matte carbon which matches the spoiler and interior carbon pieces.
i-WHBnZBD-L.jpg
Out of curiosity, what thickness did you end up making those out of? How was the rigidity?

Out of curiosity, what thickness did you end up making those out of? How was the rigidity?
I believe they are 1/16". They are flexible enough to contour to small curves but rigid enough they dont flop. Purchased the carbon sheets from dragonplate and created my own template/design from cardboard then cutout with a dremel. Bottom holes use factory location then I secured the upper with 3m double sided tape.

Whoops!

Yes that's default. I meant to say ---

"Whoever wants textured side out, smooth side towards the tire, speak now!"

I'm good with default, I think/hope. 😅 My last set of flaps were rough on the outer side, and all kinds of stuff would get caught behind in between the flap and the paint. Hopefully the smoother side toward the fender means less of this!

I'm good with default, I think/hope. 😅 My last set of flaps were rough on the outer side, and all kinds of stuff would get caught behind in between the flap and the paint. Hopefully the smoother side toward the fender means less of this!
Yeah I've seen some small bits collect on the front, but nothing my hose hasn't been able to blast away. Also nothing a little PPF can't protect against.

The rears sit pretty flush with the liner, haven't noticed anything back there yet.

Whoever in this first list of 10 who wants a "smooth side out, textured side towards the tire." Set of flaps, speak now or forever sing Soprano.

Cutting the first set of 10 tonight. Probably beginning to thermoform tomorrow after which time they will not be reversible.
I think smooth side out and textured side inward toward the tire makes more sense, right? Maybe I'm wrong but it looked like that's the way you have them on your car, no?

Reactions: chrisdh79