Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S (Refresh) v11 Firmware Wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lets start with simple things that should already work:

1. the tri-zone HVAC, the rear controls should not adjust the front temps
2. need an OFF for the rear controls so your kids don't have complete control of the music and temps
3. Waypoints as promised
4. Energy usage app
5. Noise cancellation
6. Close windows from the app (like the 3 & Y)

Once these basic features work, then I can start my wish list.

I am not complaining, I have been with Tesla from almost the start and fully expect all of these to be added and more in the next 6 months. Of course I still want them NOW :)
Automatically close windows when car is parked and the car senses that it is raining.

Reactions: Ramphex
Automatically close windows when car is parked and the car senses that it is raining.

Much as I would LOVE this, it’ll never happen.

Not because Tesla can’t, but because the government won’t allow it. They consider auto-closing windows a safety hazard.

They already forced Tesla to remove the ability to close windows via the app because you never know, someone may stick their hand in your window as it’s closing and get an owie.

Much as I would LOVE this, it’ll never happen.

Not because Tesla can’t, but because the government won’t allow it. They consider auto-closing windows a safety hazard.

They already forced Tesla to remove the ability to close windows via the app because you never know, someone may stick their hand in your window as it’s closing and get an owie.
My mercedes had auto close windows. It has a sensor around the window frame in the door that can sense if a hand or anything is obstructing the closure.

My mercedes had auto close windows. It has a sensor around the window frame in the door that can sense if a hand or anything is obstructing the closure.

Sure, Tesla also senses objects... but it's now actually illegal to remotely actuate such a thing from a distance greater than 6 meters from the vehicle. That includes automated activation via sensor.

Your government, hard at work.

Sure, Tesla also senses objects... but it's now actually illegal to remotely actuate such a thing from a distance greater than 6 meters from the vehicle. That includes automated activation via sensor.

Your government, hard at work.
I think the 2021+ S can remotely close windows thru the app. They just didn't enable this on legacy Teslas prior to 2021+.

I think the 2021+ S can remotely close windows thru the app. They just didn't enable this on legacy Teslas prior to 2021+.
Used to be able to on my 3 and S. Never did come to my ‘20 X. But it’s disabled across the board now as of January — NHTSA made them issue a “recall” for it.

• Informative
Reactions: DerbyDave