Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S REST API

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyway, it's all stopped working now. If I had to guess, I would say that they are checking for the browser string matching whatever the phone app sends out, because the phone app is still working.

If it's true, this is very disappointing from a supposed "Silicon Valley" company. I assume it's not just me? I assume the Windows Phone and BB ones aren't working anymore.

Anyway, it's all stopped working now. If I had to guess, I would say that they are checking for the browser string matching whatever the phone app sends out, because the phone app is still working.

If it's true, this is very disappointing from a supposed "Silicon Valley" company. I assume it's not just me? I assume the Windows Phone and BB ones aren't working anymore.

Did you try the iphone app, exiting, logging in again? When I log-in here it keeps spinning....

Hmm, I'm getting a 500 return code from my app as well. But my mobile app is not working either, so maybe they are just having a server problem.

It would be quite unfortunate if they cut access as that is how I'm currently keeping my car charging on my TOU rate plan. It would suck to have to manage that manually while I wait for 4.3.

Hmm, I'm getting a 500 return code from my app as well. But my mobile app is not working either, so maybe they are just having a server problem.

It would be quite unfortunate if they cut access as that is how I'm currently keeping my car charging on my TOU rate plan. It would suck to have to manage that manually while I wait for 4.3.

Android still working. Have not tried IOS

Android still working. Have not tried IOS

Tesla Android and iOS apps are not working for me.

Android says "My Tesla Could Not Be Reached at This Time"
iOS just spins around forever with no message.
My apps get HTTP 500 with the following body

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>We're sorry, but something went wrong (500)</title>
<style type="text/css">
body { background-color: #fff; color: #666; text-align: center; font-family: arial, sans-serif; }
div.dialog {
width: 25em;
padding: 0 4em;
margin: 4em auto 0 auto;
border: 1px solid #ccc;
border-right-color: #999;
border-bottom-color: #999;
}
h1 { font-size: 100%; color: #f00; line-height: 1.5em; }
</style>
</head>

<body>
<!-- This file lives in public/500.html -->
<div class="dialog">
<h1>We're sorry, but something went wrong.</h1>
<p>We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.</p>
</div>
</body>
</html>

I think Tesla has a server outage or some such. The iPhone app is not connecting either.
Yep that is what I meant... Also reports on other forums of people not getting in with Android as well...

JoeBadge | 8 MAART 2013Trying to log into app - it's been working all week until about an hour ago. Error message is 'My Tesla Could Not Be Reached At This Time". Anyone else getting this on their Android? Thank you.

I just called the main Tesla number and inquired about the outage. Seems they are having a problem with their servers, IT is investigating. No ETA for a fix.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems to be working now. Both the iPhone mobile app and my own apps are all working again.

In the "jump to conclusions" department...

Please don't assume this was intentional blocking when you have zero evidence of that.

In the software world, sometimes simply looking at the code when it's in a bad mood breaks compatibility -- especially with unknown 3rd party applications.

Now that everything's back, Ron/@aviators99, any thoughts on doing this?!

This self-deployment model should work well for most people as it needs only a barebones machine to host the web server and the app; after all, there should only be one user connecting to it at any time...

Ron, if you get a chance, can you please package this as a distributable of some form and make that available along with instructions (for non-techies too) for how to deploy it?

That way, folks can deploy the web app on their own home/work machines and not worry about going through a third-party deployment and any security issues therein.

You could possibly monetize this too by making it shareware if you prefer; or, simply a voluntary contribution to a PayPal account maybe.

I have one pretty much complete, but would you trust it? It would require your TM username/password to work. I'm happy to put it out there.

I'd like to get something for my Mac as well but security is an issue. I'd prefer something script based or a tutorial on show to access the interface with the terminal. There must be some basic components a moderately proficient computer geek can install and use to manually query one's MS. That appears to be happening in the above posts with "teslacmd". I haven't written a program in a decade (or more:smile:) but I am familiar with the concepts. Right after being able to check on specific items, I really would like to dump the entire database onto my Macpro and pull it into excel.

Now that everything's back, Ron/@aviators99, any thoughts on doing this?!

This self-deployment model should work well for most people as it needs only a barebones machine to host the web server and the app; after all, there should only be one user connecting to it at any time...

It's not particularly easy. It's written in Python, and requires certain libraries and mod_python.

I'll release the code soon, but not immediately, as I don't like people looking at my code until I've had the opportunity to clean it up and comment it properly. This is just something I've been working on at night...

In the meantime, if anyone feels like using it, it is at http://artspeak.quogic.com/teslalogin.html

I have self-signed an SSL certificate, so it will give you a security warning, but the encryption is strong. I think you only have to tell it to ignore the warning once.
I'll keep adding features.

As stated numerous times above, you should only use this if you trust me. For what it's worth, I promise that I don't look at or store your password, and won't look at anything returned from your car unless you ask me to. I am the only person with access to this web server.

If you don't trust me, just don't use it :)

There is a delay if you get the password incorrect, to keep password hackers out.

Here's a screenshot, FYI.
output.jpg

@aviators99 - I noticed you have a sliderbar for the sunroof. I didn't know the API would take any numerical position. I thought it was only "close", "open", "vent", and "comfort".

How exactly do you control the roof to open it say 42%?

Thanks to all who contributed here - I now have scheduled charging using curl and a bat file with the Windows task scheduler. That should save me about $30 per month by using super off-peak rates! (Kind of silly that Tesla didn't get this built into the car yet...even a Volt can do that!) You can see my energy estimation tools at EVTripPlanner where I'll also be publishing a "Route Energy Estimator" (combines mapping directions with energy estimate per segment considering speed, temperature, hills, wind).

One note: I wasn't able to get certificate validation to work (Windows) - any clues?