Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S REST API

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
/vehicle_state endpoint mate
  1. 3
  2. autopark_state:"unavailable"
  3. autopark_state_v2:"unavailable"
  4. calendar_supported:true
  5. car_version:"2018.14 4d25341"
  6. center_display_state:0
  7. df:0
  8. dr:0
  9. ft:0
  10. locked:true
  11. notifications_supported:true
  12. odometer:63541.422366
  13. parsed_calendar_supported:true
  14. pf:0
  15. pr:0
  16. remote_start:false
  17. remote_start_supported:true
  18. rt:0
  19. sun_roof_percent_open:null
  20. sun_roof_state:"unknown"
  21. timestamp:1523584743235
  22. valet_mode:false
  23. vehicle_name:"Powder"

1. 3
  2. autopark_state:"unavailable"
  3. autopark_state_v2:"unavailable"
  4. calendar_supported:true
  5. car_version:"2018.14 4d25341"
  6. center_display_state:0
  7. df:0
  8. dr:0
  9. ft:0
  10. locked:true
  11. notifications_supported:true
  12. odometer:63541.422366
  13. parsed_calendar_supported:true
  14. pf:0
  15. pr:0
  16. remote_start:false
  17. remote_start_supported:true
  18. rt:0
  19. sun_roof_percent_open:null
  20. sun_roof_state:"unknown"
  21. timestamp:1523584743235
  22. valet_mode:false
  23. vehicle_name:"Powder"
My bad, endpoint should be /vehicles and the field will be 'state'

Any of you know why changing the background from white to transparent causes the wheels and front fascia to disappear?

Correct:
https://static-assets.tesla.com/v1/...DRLH,FG00,COL1-PBSB,RFPO,TP01,WT19&bkba_opt=1

Wrong:
https://static-assets.tesla.com/v1/...DRLH,FG00,COL1-PBSB,RFPO,TP01,WT19&bkba_opt=2
(Note only the last number bkba_opt has been changed)

For some reason this option works fine for newer Model Ses:
Correct:
https://static-assets.tesla.com/v1/...X028,X031,X037,X039,X043,YFCC,CONL&bkba_opt=1

Correct:
https://static-assets.tesla.com/v1/...X028,X031,X037,X039,X043,YFCC,CONL&bkba_opt=2

Does anyone know how to get the proper images with transparent background?

Any of you know why changing the background from white to transparent causes the wheels and front fascia to disappear?

Correct:
https://static-assets.tesla.com/v1/...DRLH,FG00,COL1-PBSB,RFPO,TP01,WT19&bkba_opt=1

Wrong:
https://static-assets.tesla.com/v1/...DRLH,FG00,COL1-PBSB,RFPO,TP01,WT19&bkba_opt=2
(Note only the last number bkba_opt has been changed)

For some reason this option works fine for newer Model Ses:
Correct:
https://static-assets.tesla.com/v1/...X028,X031,X037,X039,X043,YFCC,CONL&bkba_opt=1

Correct:
https://static-assets.tesla.com/v1/...X028,X031,X037,X039,X043,YFCC,CONL&bkba_opt=2

Does anyone know how to get the proper images with transparent background?
Yes, this problem has been around for a while. Seems only to be present for older MS cars with the original front fascia design. Probably a bug or other problem in the compositor. Tesla probably aren't aware of the problem / don't care / can't be bothered fixing.

Thanks for the super quick reply. That's annoying. I wonder how other people have solved this. Seems impossible to get the correct image with a transparent background now. It seems STUD_SIDE is correct, so I'll use that for now.
I have Chrome send me notifications whenever a post is made :)

I noticed this issue in the beginning of last year. I don't think it will ever get fixed as it only affects original Model S vehicles, for which most of the compositor images (minus the side image which is used in the MyTesla account page) are no longer used by Tesla.

Reactions: SeBsZ
Can anyone confirm or disprove whether the GPS location is updated when the car is in Park ? The issue is , say, your vehicle gets towed on a flatbed. I have personally watched my location (with Tesla app, and Visible Tesla) while being towed on a flatbed , twice, from Amarillo to Dallas which is a 350 mile trip each way.

Now I am being told this is impossible, as the GPS only updates while in Drive or Reverse. I think this is hogwash. I can normally see my GPS data wander around my home while parked inside garage on Visible Tesla or Remote S.

Does anyone have a definitive answer? If a vehicle is towed, can we track it?

In my case the answer is no. I know for a fact that I can't track my car when it in park on a flatbed. It'll keep showing the last location where it was put in park.

If your car or mine is the exception, I don't know.

I know that in Norway this is also true. It may be worthwhile trying to understand why some cars, or some locations, can be tracked. Perhaps there is a setting somewhere, a software version, or the fact that Remote S and Visible Tesla are pinging my car and keeping the GPS alive.

I know that here in the UK the wheels need to be turning to update the GPS. This was mainly discovered when an owners car was "stolen" when he went back to find the car missing. Only it hadn't been stolen, it was moved by the local council on a flatbed and left elsewhere. Whilst his app didn't update the GPS location, Tesla support could see where it had been moved to.

We've also had people then test this when using a ferry to cross the sea. Their navigation system didn't update until they had started moving.

• Informative
Reactions: JoaoD
We've also had people then test this when using a ferry to cross the sea. Their navigation system didn't update until they had started moving.

Yes, I can confirm that. Last week I was on a Italian ferry. No GPS update until I drove out of the ferry.
Same now in Switzerland, where my car was transported by flatbed from one garage to another.
App still thinks it's on the first garage.

Probably using Streaming Data is different, but the Tesla App does not use this. If I find out how to use it with curl (or a free Android App), I can test it with my car.

Update:
I did it, but not using Streaming Data, I just created a new token (the old one was too old) and then the GPS Position was updated. Now the Tesla App shows the correct position.

Last edited:
I have read lots (certainly not all) of this thread and have a few questions for anyone looking to help me out....
Disclaimer :I am not a coding expert. I mostly write windows based command line scripts, some perl, some VBA.

1. Will this API work on the Model 3?
  2. If my needs are simple ... I just want to log my vehicle charging data, is this solution of scripts already exist somewhere?
I have a server that I can schedule scripts to run at any interval, but I was thinking of just logging right before my scheduled charging starts and then right before I leave when I am sure that the charging is complete? I would like to write some scripts using cURL to accomplish this.... Sorry if this is a newb post!

Yes, I can confirm that. Last week I was on a Italian ferry. No GPS update until I drove out of the ferry.
Same now in Switzerland, where my car was transported by flatbed from one garage to another.
App still thinks it's on the first garage.

Probably using Streaming Data is different, but the Tesla App does not use this. If I find out how to use it with curl (or a free Android App), I can test it with my car.

Update:
I did it, but not using Streaming Data, I just created a new token (the old one was too old) and then the GPS Position was updated. Now the Tesla App shows the correct position.

Just to be clear, you were able to force the Tesla app to update the position by creating a new token? Or were you using a different app?

My Visible Tesla feed is getting new, and slightly different GPS positions, all day and night . All with the car parked inside a garage.

Just to be clear, you were able to force the Tesla app to update the position by creating a new token? Or were you using a different app?

My Visible Tesla feed is getting new, and slightly different GPS positions, all day and night . All with the car parked inside a garage.

I used Python/JSON API from gglockner/teslajson to get a new token, which in turn got a new GPS-Position.

I also use Teslafi (and the tesla app), which does not know, when the car is moved (by ship or flatbed).