Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S sightings in Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Friends and work associates often come up to me and tell me they've seen one here or there. Apparently, it is not unusual to see one plugged in at the Toronto Airport valet parking.

I used the valet at YYZ for the first time this week since the construction in the normal lot has reduced the number of spaces available and I was in a rush, I noticed they left my car plugged in for the entire 30 hours I was gone. when picking up, including mine there were three red Model S's lined up at the chargers. Was in a rush, no pics, one was a GVAB series plate, the other might have been a sig red.

Based on Doug's dash, it looks like his left signal would have been off at that instant too. Synchronized cars???
Time to start a thread speculating that turn signal timing is all controlled over 3G by the Tesla mothership :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

I used the valet at YYZ for the first time this week since the construction in the normal lot has reduced the number of spaces available and I was in a rush, I noticed they left my car plugged in for the entire 30 hours I was gone. when picking up, including mine there were three red Model S's lined up at the chargers. Was in a rush, no pics, one was a GVAB series plate, the other might have been a sig red.

An airport valet service that knows how to plug in electric cars? Cool - another sign that people are getting more aware of EVs.

An airport valet service that knows how to plug in electric cars? Cool - another sign that people are getting more aware of EVs.

There is a parking lot in downtown Toronto that assigns 1 EVSE to 2 parking spots. I think there are about 20 EV parking spots in total. There is a sign asking people not to lock or alarm their charge cable and to ask the valet attendant to switch the charging cable between cars if necessary.

First time poster, thought I'd chime in since I have very sharp eyes when it comes to spotting the Model S.

I've seen like 12 already this past year in the GTA, and boy do they look nice. I actually saw one earlier today near City Hall and I quickly snapped a pic.

GDzG57o.jpg

mknox, out of curiousity, was there a reason you didn't get the green plates (or custom plates), but opted for blue plates?

Funny story. I picked my car up in Q1 of 2013. The Ontario MTO listed the 2012 Model S as electric, but their computer had the 2013 Model S listed as a gasoline V6 so they were unable to issue Green plates! Tesla had no choice but to get blue ones for me when I picked it up. The MTO's computer records have been fixed, and I could go in and swap them if I want, but don't really have any desire to do so. I am rarely in a location with HOV lanes and have mixed feelings about using them anyway.

Was excited to see a Model S 85 Charging at The Parlour in Stratford on Friday as I walked to my car from work. Nice to see something other than my friends Leaf using that charging unit.

Was it anyone from here? Curious if it a local area owner or a tourist visiting town.

Can't wait to get mine tomorrow.

Okay this is the coolest sighting at our charging station yet. The driver of this car did NOT come to charge. He came to a meeting at our office! I didn't know prior to his visit that he was driving a Model S - he just happened to show up in one! I insisted he plug in and get a few electrons, even though he had enough to get back to the Kingston Supercharger.

IMG_4050.JPG

Two Teslas at Toronto Motorsports Park today for Exotic Dream Car Lapping! I'm glad I unplugged so you could charge up as well, mystery blue Tesla person. :)

I drove Uli's Porsche 911 Turbo as I didn't care to wait around for the Ferrari to become available. (The jokes about Ferrari's being fragile hold true!)
My P85 felt a bit slow after driving the Porsche!

20150522_145016.jpg