Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wish
When you remove the charger, the charger door would automatically close.
A way to set internet radio stations in the memory
Pull- extension of the cup holders
Voice command for climate control
Front camera for better parking which also would warn of parking lot concrete curbs

Perhaps. I left Range Mode on the whole time when we drove to TESLIVE in July, with some particularly warm 95-degree+ days in the CA Central Valley, and we felt just fine in the Model S.
I actually switched to it yesterday for a longer trip on one of the hotter days in the Pacific NW - temperatures above 90 for a good chunk of the time. You are right - quite pleasant.
On the flip side, I didn't really see a benefit in energy consumption (but that could be due to "more spirited driving than usual"... there's a reason I only posted the energy / SOC chart yesterday and not the chart that contains my speed...) :)

Something I've noticed when connecting my phone via bluetooth (Galaxy S3) is that the microphone built into the car only works when making a call. Using Google voice commands on my phone, for instance, will not work. When connected via bluetooth, my phone simply won't hear anything I say. Considering how powerful Google Now (especially on the new Motorola's) are, it's a shame I can't use it to do my navigation/media playlist/etc.

I would like the following,

1. If charge port is left open, car can't go into drive.
2. Be able to adjust the sensitivity of the day/night on screen. I find it switches over too early in the morning.
3. Be able to adjust the sensitivity of the headlights switching off, I also find the turn off before sunrise or in fog/rain conditions and I have to manually turn back on.
4. Should also have item 2 and 3 locked together.

I recieved my German Signature Performance+ 1 week ago. First I am stunned and starting to feel ashemed of being a german vehicle engineer. :)
I just love this car! And I even dicusoverd functions, I havend read and heard before and beleave me, I read a lot in the 2,5 years waiting time. :)
It surprises me every minute and I love the most we all can help makeing it gradually better and better. I eaven have the feeling this part is the one I like the most about this car, beside from beeing it the coolest car ever.

Now to my wishlist:
1. Tire-Change function: One should be able to go through an instruction set, to change Tires on the spot. This could work surely only with cars equiped with the air suspension. The car could lift itself up. The driver places some "spacers" between the car and the ground. Then the car would lower again and would "sit down" to the spacers and could lift its tires a few inches. I would love this!
2. Make the Charge-Menu in the mobile app the same like in the car.
3. Give me acceleromter reading x and y direction positive and negative ;-) or let's just calling the racing screen ;-) or better Performance Screen ...I know typical german. But this just would kill it.

Maybe I'll come up with some better wishes.

I like my HomeLink, but the button to open my garage is relatively small and adjacent to the configuration button for HomeLink. When the car becomes "in range" of the garage, a LARGE button needs to appear that can't be confused (or close to) the button that configures the function.

I like my HomeLink, but the button to open my garage is relatively small and adjacent to the configuration button for HomeLink. When the car becomes "in range" of the garage, a LARGE button needs to appear that can't be confused (or close to) the button that configures the function.

+1. I have, on a couple occasions, pressed the wrong button. Not only should the Homelink menu drop down, but the option corresponding to your location should move to the top and pop out at you.

Make the regenerative braking adjustable. Allowing you to turn it down to 0 or up to 60, or anywhere in between. Sometime I would like to have a little more then 30, and sometimes less.

Remove the home link setup from to the home link drop down button. I hit it at least 3 time a week.

How about adding album art to XM radio. It could be down loaded through the internet connection.

Pandora would be nice as an option.

Having a view screen for vehicle info, Or maybe just a small bar to allow sport drivers to see info, like Battery Temp, TPMS, G forces & otheruseful info. I'm sure the info is available

Also inserting a short cut bar for added quick buttons.

The user interface when using a phone via Bluetooth is kinda weak.

I'd like to have a list of Most Frequently Called numbers as a tab and would like voice dialing to include numbers like "Call six-oh-two . . . " You get the idea.

it would be nice when using the voice interface to be able to say, "Call John Smith at Home" rather than having to select the location option via touch.

I had two features that I wanted, but saw some other people had the same fantastic idea for the first one:

1. Auto raise/lower of the air suspension when approaching a known terrain that calls for it. Also, if enough other Model S drivers raise their suspension like for construction, etc. maybe have a "suggested ride height" pop up when someone gets close to it?

2. A button that pops up when approaching an active school zone that says "set cruise control to 20mph?" That way, you can take your eyes off the speedometer and keep them alert for kiddos. Once you're out of the school zone, you just touch the accelerator pedal once past 20mph and it goes away. This would need to be tied into an school zone database to take holidays and school start/end days into account.

2. A button that pops up when approaching an active school zone that says "set cruise control to 20mph?" That way, you can take your eyes off the speedometer and keep them alert for kiddos. Once you're out of the school zone, you just touch the accelerator pedal once past 20mph and it goes away. This would need to be tied into an school zone database to take holidays and school start/end days into account.
Not a bad idea, but I doubt that school zones are recorded on navigation maps and the fact that school zones are slower only during certain times of the day and certain days of the year would make this complicated. In AZ, the speed limit in school zones is 15mph.

I'd like to repost my mock-up that I posted waaaay back when, before Tesla implemented the geo-fenced Homelink. I think this would solve the issue, but I get that Tesla want to keep it in the dropdown, but they could just make the dropdown buttons larger, and move the config to somewhere else.

homelink.png

One other idea I flip between thinking it's cool and not cool would be a simple screen with four or five buttons on it, 20mph, 30mph, 40mph, 50mph, 60mph....could be used to lock the speed in school zones or other zones popular with the local PD, but would also be fun at red light when you just tap the button, and then as you accelerate, the acceleration tops off at your selected speed. Often when I'm leaving a red light I need up doing 10mph more than I should be, and this would solve that challenge.