Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S "Team October"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's insane.

I'm Canadian and have only been in AZ two years but do NOT miss the crappy over taxation one bit.
What's funny is how many persons I recall saying (roughly...5 years ago..) that if a certain election outcome occurred in the US? Those persons were moving to Canada.

That election outcome did occur.

Not a single one of those persons moved to Canada. LOL

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja and jebinc
Which one do you want more?
Love white, always get white. But seeing the gray with dark windows and matching wheels, and the dark trim/handles looks amazing too. They both have white interiors which like.

I'm totally fine with the gray as white while looks awesome, the black handles kinda stick out now in an odd way.

I've told our contact at Tesla that i'm open on exterior color of white/gray/blue, interior of white/cream, and would pick up the car at anytime from any delivery center in Texas ;-) if someone falls through. They are like "we don't have a shortlist" - ug.

He just emphasized that make sure your profile is 100% complete with all tasks related to the order. Said that if someones falls through or cancels, that they go down to the next complete profile and just skip over the ones that are not fully completed.

Reactions: cwanja
I've told our contact at Tesla that i'm open on exterior color of white/gray/blue, interior of white/cream, and would pick up the car at anytime from any delivery center in Texas ;-) if someone falls through. They are like "we don't have a shortlist" - ug.
Given a similar directive to my SA with my "preferred configs". Basically a shot in the dark at this point.

Went from a consistent October to February

Same thing here, I never even saw blanks. Was consistently October since I ordered in May.... which WAS perfect timing for us.

Now we're knocked back to February as well.

October is when the wife's lease is up on her SUV - looks like I'll be daily driving my weekend car/garage queen for awhile.

Aren't Canadians already taxed beyond reason? That seems a little much!!

For the most part I'm OK with the higher taxes here. Things like universal healthcare, subsidized education, etc aren't free.

But taxes like this hurt the economy with very little gain. If I cancel my order due to this tax (I will if I have to pay it), that's lost revenue for Tesla (yes, an American company), but they pay Canadian workers wages up here in the SCs, and those Canadian workers pay income tax and inject money into the Canadian economy. Lost revenue for Tesla is lost jobs and lost income taxes. All this more than offsets the $6K gained by taxing me higher on this car (which I won't pay anyway, so it's all negative). These kinds of taxes are to gain the votes of people who look down on (or simply envy) the "rich", but ultimately have a negative impact on the economy. And they drive those "rich" out of the country, to places with lower taxes, thereby losing all of their (larger than average) contribution to the economy as well.

Hi all,

Starting a thread for anyone who's DD currently shows "October". With all the date fluctuations, I for one would like to get an idea if anyone of us who currently has October DD gets their vehicle sooner than that.

I would feel comfortable if folks do get their MS sooner allowing me to think that there is light at the end of the tunnel ☺️
Ordered April 30, 2021. Model S, white with cream interior. The delivery date was blank for a long time. Got an email today and the portal shows October 8 to October 28th delivery.

I still have one order that is holding "OCTOBER" only, just the month stated. It seems odd since it has white interior and I figured it would push back to February now also, unless Tesla is pumping out the MSM exterior colors in largest batches and it could make it into one of those? Odd, just hoping each day I refresh that one that it refines to a more exact October range of days, versus push back of +4 months too.

On a relative note, how long is your 6 month wait compare to how long you’ve wanted one?
In the grand scheme of things, it's not very long. However when I bought it, I was told it would arrive in Sept, but now it's coming 5 months later than that. In terms of release management, Tesla have really dropped the ball. The lack of communication and accurate data is really disappointing. I feel like Tesla in are a position of power here with the demand, which is reflected in their handling of these delays.

Reactions: Pdubs and oktane
Same. Above $80K I’m looking at Porsche and AudiGT. Both are a bit more expensive, but they still have the $7500 rebate as well.

And I could have the Taycan *today*.

I’m glad you mentioned that rebate, I forgot that was even a thing.

got to take a Taycan on an extended drive today and loved it. Going to agonize over options and likely order next week. The dealer said to anticipate a November delivery.

Hi all,

Starting a thread for anyone who's DD currently shows "October". With all the date fluctuations, I for one would like to get an idea if anyone of us who currently has October DD gets their vehicle sooner than that.

I would feel comfortable if folks do get their MS sooner allowing me to think that there is light at the end of the tunnel ☺️
Ordered April 30th. MS White, Cream interior, 19in wheels. Current EDD Oct 9 - Oct 29. Houston delivery.

Reactions: cwanja