Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Technical / Mechanical Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To restore LTE connectivity, try this:Disconnect everything from the center armrest USB ports.
Apply the brakes throughout the entire procedure.
Press and hold the steering wheel roller buttons until the screen resets.
Press and hold the steering wheel upper buttons until the dashboard resets.
Reset the screens a second time.
Good luck!
Also make sure that your valve stems on all four wheels are in the 12o'clock position...

Battery cooling and A/C - driving home from work (30 minutes) btw I have it in a covered spot the entire time - about halfway through my trip the a/c slowed down and warmed up. got a warning message on my middle screen telling me a/c is being diverted to battery cooling.
This lasted for about 5 minutes then the a/c came back.
Got home, plugged it in. left 30 minutes later to the store and it happened again.

I took it in, and they said system was fine, and is expected to keep battery cool around 70 degree range, however it happened a few more times in the past month. I looked on the board and don't see to many more issues at the same frequency I had. I do live out in phoenix and yesterday it did happen and we had a lower 100 degree temp, I had the A/C at 70 - 72 degrees, with fan at 8-9 speed.

Any one else can fill in on this type of issue would be helpful.

Battery cooling and A/C - driving home from work (30 minutes) btw I have it in a covered spot the entire time - about halfway through my trip the a/c slowed down and warmed up. got a warning message on my middle screen telling me a/c is being diverted to battery cooling.
Got home, plugged it in. left 30 minutes later to the store and it happened again.

I took it in, and they said system was fine, and is expected to keep battery cool around 70 degree range, however it happened a few more times in the past month. I looked on the board and don't see to many more issues at the same frequency I had. I do live out in phoenix and yesterday it did happen and we had a lower 100 degree temp, I had the A/C at 70 - 72 degrees, with fan at 8-9 speed.

In Phoenix, I think this is normal when the battery has been heat-soaked. I see it supercharging from time to time. The A/C compressor isn't much larger than one in a Prius, and it's got a lot more thermal mass in the Model S battery to cool in addition to the cabin.

Yes, I checked mine today and both sides have interior cracks in the plastic exactly like yours. I will be calling the SC tomorrow. Did yours get replaced with non damaged units?

I'm not sure this is technical but does anyone see these deformations in the tail lights?

b687f92ea204e2d26473d0e23b3a0874.jpg

cf2fac04dc25bd46f8c0e0be462084cd.jpg

02b1f4969b60a542f357a53728a23dab.jpg

So before you call in about these cracks. These are actually in ALL taillights due to the casting process. If you look at my pics here are other anomalies in the plastic. They will not replace your taillights for these cracks. I still have those in my new taillights.

I had a similar problem. I was driving from Yuma to Gila Bend SpC. I had AC in range mode and I arrived with zero miles remaining. Temperature was around 110 deg F. After I plugged in, it took about 15 minutes for charging rate to ramp up. I had the Vehicle Systems Being Cooled message. I took the car in for its annual service a few weeks later. The service center found one of the front air baffles had failed shut. You might double check with the service center to confirm that the air baffles were tested.

Yes, delivered, brand new. The roof panel I posted earlier was (and is) also quite visible. To Tesla credit, they contacted me after I posted it here and suggested I drive to nearest SC (4 hours away, hm) to get it replaced. Still a happy camper though (I would not be so forgiving to any other brand).