Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The stars aligned today and I was able to pick up my car a few days earlier than anticipated. Here’s a pic at the dealership. First mod when I got back home was to remove that front plate.

View attachment 969677

Look like the stars aligned for Tesla instead of you. Those few days early cost you around $20K. I bet Tesla rushed your car to delivery on purpose.

Sorry to intrude in this topic but I have some questions about the Ultra Red.
May I ask you guys how the Ultra Red has held up over the past few months?
Does it show dirt more or less than Midnight Silver Metallic?

I ordered a Model 3 in MSM but got upgraded to the Highland and now have to choose a different color because MSM is no longer available.
I'm trying to decide between Ultra Red and Stealth Grey. I really love the MSM color but the new Stealth Grey color seems a lot darker, almost black, from the pictures that I could find. Ultra Red looks very good even better than multicoat red so I'm thinking of getting that color but I worry that it's going to look dirty and dull very quickly, since I don't plan on washing it every week. How has your experience been with this color?

I think ultra red is not showing itself dirty very easy, but the magic touch of the ultra red goes away when it is dirty if you can see what I mean.
Hides the dirt ok, but get a more dull regular look.

Midnight silver and other grey things are of course better at hiding dirt but on the other hand, they most often do not look as nice as ultra red when they are clean.

I finally saw an Ultra Red in person parked outside of the Service Center. I have to admit, in person, it looked a lot less red my Multi-Coat Red. It's more of a burgundy color, which I definitely do not prefer after seeing all the horribly designed burgundy/wine colored cars in the 80's. At least I don't have FOMO anymore.

Reactions: NeuroRad
I think the red is unique of all the S colors it’s less common, deeper, darker and more like candy apple actually. I personally love it. I’ve also been told it’s less likely to chip by the PPF installer (more durable) I have no way to know if that’s true and put a protective film on anyway.

That is correct and easily measurable. The PPF installer should have a tool that measures paint thickness. I want to say my 2021 MSP blue was 0.8 and ultra red was 1.1. So about 30% thicker

No, I just get the 30-40mph pedal vibration.Hi

Hi S1rk, I have a 2023 MSP ultra red and I do feel the steering and pedal vibration when gradually accelerating from 30-50mph. It goes away after that.
Strangely, the vibration does not occur everytime between 30-50mph. I have abut 1100 miles on the odometer. Do you still have the vibration and did you go to the SC to have it checked out? Any clues as to what's causing it?

I finally saw an Ultra Red in person parked outside of the Service Center. I have to admit, in person, it looked a lot less red my Multi-Coat Red. It's more of a burgundy color, which I definitely do not prefer after seeing all the horribly designed burgundy/wine colored cars in the 80's. At least I don't have FOMO anymore.
I think it's a step back towards Signature red which I love. So personal preference of course.

But the Ruby Red I think it was called for the Roadster was amazing. I think they only did one for the president of Toyota.

If only Tesla had kept that $50 million in Tesla stock. And actually taken a real effort at an EV too.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Hi S1rk, I have a 2023 MSP ultra red and I do feel the steering and pedal vibration when gradually accelerating from 30-50mph. It goes away after that.
Strangely, the vibration does not occur everytime between 30-50mph. I have abut 1100 miles on the odometer. Do you still have the vibration and did you go to the SC to have it checked out? Any clues as to what's causing it?

There are lengthy threads in the main Model S forum with tons of owners with the vibration that have no clear answer to the cause of the problem or the solution. Tesla cares very little about Model S owners, so don't expect that they are working day and night to fix the problem.

That is fixed with the .44 update

That is fixed with the .44 update

1701411016795.png

1701411041615.png

I notice the same slight vibration around 40 MPH on my Model S LR. It doesn't really bother me, but it is there. Once I get this update I will report back if there is any difference.
I received the latest update (I think), it is 2023.44.30.6, I also did a reboot after. My 2023 MSP has 20" square setup I have 2200+ miles. I still have the vibration between 30-50 mph. It occurs with the low, medium and high height settings. Strange that it occurs sometimes and sometimes not. I went to the SC and the tech informed me that they are aware of it and I asked (since it was my biggest concern) whether it's due to an imbalance of the front drive shafts, he said no, the software is trying to adjust the smoothness of the acceleration...don't know whether that a BS explanation or something that makes sense.
Can anyone chime in on this.
Otherwise the car has been flawless...well, except for a creak when the hatchback opens up almost to the highest opening. I had the SC look at it and they told me I had to go to the body shop for them to possible adjust the hinges just a little which involves leaving the vehicle and possibly with only Uber rides instead of a loaner. Apparently the top of the hatch as it opens to its highest point is rubbing against the body. I did not want to leave the car, so I just adjust the opening of the hatch just before the creak occurs. I've hit my head a few times when I'm putting and retrieving stuff but I guess since I don't do it often enough I don't have much muscle/brain memory to remember to duck lower.