Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not true. From used car sales values over recent years you'll get a big chunk of that back plus your car will appeal to a lot more people as many folks won't even look at cars that don't have that equipped.

Show me the car that has $15k worth of FSD paid for at the same price as all the cars that don't and I'll show you a car that sells minutes after it hits the market. It's simply doesn't happen unless it's a dealership or something that doesn't know what they have. Trust me, I'm looking for deals like that everyday for the last 5 years.

That said, if anybody out there has a newer Model S or X priced at all the others w/o FSD but with FSD paid for... Holla at your boy! Cash buyer.

I saw quite a few with FSD paid for that were same price as those without. Many. I’ve been looking at 2022+ for 6+ months.

Quick search

I thought you would like this Used 2022 Tesla Model S Plaid for $99995 on Autotrader Autotrader - page unavailable

Last edited:
I have seen this advice echoed many places; YouTube, Online Forums, and even one of the general car review websites… I have to believe there is some truth to this. Essentially, without a guarantee of features OR a realistic timeline, your advice makes great sense. There are a handful of things that make me want to purchase this (albeit limited) feature now: 1) If Tesla charges $200 per month once/if they get the bugs worked out and/or regulatory approval, then I will be ahead if I keep this car 6.25 years assuming an immediate rollout. I tend to keep my cars an average of 12 years, with one outlier that I kept for 31 years, and two that I currently have which I have had 16 years and 14 years respectively. 2) It may help the resale if I do have this feature. 3) I love the idea of being on the bleeding edge of this technology rollout and 4), I prefer a single payment to monthly payments (and the associated price increases.

I suspect I will have some time to think about this before I actually make the purchase and I am going to continue thinking about it. Thanks so much for the guidance.

Joe

Same as my order minus FSD. Maybe a tip, save the $15k and pay the $200 a month subscription. You can’t get any of that back if you sell car

Reactions: Propofoln
Same as my order minus FSD. Maybe a tip, save the $15k and pay the $200 a month subscription. You can’t get any of that back if you sell car
I have FSD on my current S, but on the new S that I just ordered (not red), I paid for EAP ($6k) and will subscribe to FSD ($100/month with EAP) later when it becomes worthwhile. EAP has everything that "standard" FSD currently has except traffic/stop sign control and access to the FSD Beta. My wife's car also has FSD so I'll still have access to the Beta there.

Reactions: NYCVENICEBEACH
Reactions: preilly44
I have seen this advice echoed many places; YouTube, Online Forums, and even one of the general car review websites… I have to believe there is some truth to this. Essentially, without a guarantee of features OR a realistic timeline, your advice makes great sense. There are a handful of things that make me want to purchase this (albeit limited) feature now: 1) If Tesla charges $200 per month once/if they get the bugs worked out and/or regulatory approval, then I will be ahead if I keep this car 6.25 years assuming an immediate rollout. I tend to keep my cars an average of 12 years, with one outlier that I kept for 31 years, and two that I currently have which I have had 16 years and 14 years respectively. 2) It may help the resale if I do have this feature. 3) I love the idea of being on the bleeding edge of this technology rollout and 4), I prefer a single payment to monthly payments (and the associated price increases.

I suspect I will have some time to think about this before I actually make the purchase and I am going to continue thinking about it. Thanks so much for the guidance.

Joe
That other person and I are in agreement about not paying full price for FSD. His statement that there is no value to be had on resale from it is completely false. Source: I've been watching the used Model S market every single day for many years now. I see people make this same claim all the time but it's simply isn't true.

Reactions: preilly44
I am. Multiple. I've seen several, in fact.

I’m referring to 2022 Plaids. I have never researched Long Range’s nor have any interest. With that being said, I find FSD useless because of the in cabin nanny camera. What’s the point of FSD if you have to have a hand on the wheel, and be Looking at the road? Aren’t you essentially driving at that point? Can’t even look down to type a text or email without the system alarming and threatening to shut it off. I’ve had my Plaid almost a year with FSD and used It maybe 3 times. They need to remove the cabin “attention” camera to make it useful.

• Disagree
Reactions: lowtek
I’ve ordered a LR in ultra red, white int, 19”, EAP, round wheel.
Anyone get a trade in value yet? I’m trading a 2018 S 100D
Once your car shows up in the app as an order and you complete the registration process and upload your pictures, it took about a week to get the value of the trade for me. Prior to ordering i asked for a quote. They sent a range for my 2018 S P100D with FSD, 21” of $51-55K; when they finally got back to me with the pictures used etc., they came in at the higher end of the range which i was pleased with.

Reactions: BlueMoon1217
I ordered an Ultra Red Plaid with cream interior two days ago, changed it to Black interior this morning (saw the cream finally and didn't like it), and my app updated just now to March 20-March 31 as delivery date. Hoping that's accurate! I'm on my second model S lease currently and was offered a promotional lease rate which really helped me decide to go up to to Plaid version (along with the massive price drops).

Reactions: BlueMoon1217
I ordered an Ultra Red Plaid with cream interior two days ago, changed it to Black interior this morning (saw the cream finally and didn't like it), and my app updated just now to March 20-March 31 as delivery date. Hoping that's accurate! I'm on my second model S lease currently and was offered a promotional lease rate which really helped me decide to go up to to Plaid version (along with the massive price drops).
Mine just changed too! The range went from March 2023 to March 28-31. Very slim timeline so maybe i'll get a vin soon!

1/3, no VIN yet, but EOQ so I bet we'll start seeing them drop next week.

Hopefully this is the case! Really excited for this new red :)

I know Tesla's track record for quality is terrible... but has there been correlation between really bad QC during EOQ pushes? My previous S was a May 2018 build and I had zero issues with it prior to selling except for the charge port and headlights that were replaced under warranty.

Did any of you who ordered in the last week submit a request for a trade-in via the app? If so, did you get a response yet? I was told "please allow 48-72 hours for the trade team to review your information." I ordered and submitted the request on Friday so I wasn't expecting a response yet, just wondering how long it's taking for others.