Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep checking obsessively all day. Still 28th-31st here just waiting for the one time open the app for it to change. Next week feels too good to be true, especially without a vin assignment. But I agree, possibly better QC and maybe better hardware, but I still kinda want it now lol.
In the same boat with the same date and also PA. They might do it off location. What service center do you go to for delivery? Devon?

Saw this X LR at my service center today. Ultra Red.
IMG_0497.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0496.jpg
    IMG_0496.jpg
    853.8 KB · Views: 157
In the same boat with the same date and also PA. They might do it off location. What service center do you go to for delivery? Devon?
I'm in southwestern PA. When I bought my first Tesla there wasn't a service center within 3.5 hours. Then they opened Wexford. It was about 1.5 hours away and I went there for years but they just opened a new one in Bridgeville, PA which is around 45 mins from me, so given the option I'd go there for delivery. If not, Wexford would be where I'd go.

Reactions: BlueMoon1217
I just got a text from tesla that my Ultra Red MSP will have VIN assigned this month. Looks like they are producing them. Current Est. Delivery is Mar 30 - Mar 31. Ordered on Jan 20, then changed my color from black to Ultra Red on Mar 10. I live in SoCal.

Ultra Red
Cream
19in
Yoke

View attachment 920574
I got the exact same message. Mine now says March 23-31. I live in Bay Area.I ordered on 3/9

Seems like a bit of camera trickery and lighting to make ultra red seem a lot darker on comparison to multi coat no? I’d be curious to see a new red Vs MC red side by side exact same camera and lighting…same exposure/sunlight or lack of.

Definately seemingly more clear coat. But how far is this!

Hmmm 🤔

Reactions: preilly44
Seems like a bit of camera trickery and lighting to make ultra red seem a lot darker on comparison to multi coat no? I’d be curious to see a new red Vs MC red side by side exact same camera and lighting…same exposure/sunlight or lack of.

Definately seemingly more clear coat. But how far is this!

Hmmm 🤔
There's a couple out there, the kilowatts has one on their Twitter account.

Tesla just gave me low trade in offer of range. $77k for my 2021 Model S plaid, blue, cream, 21s, FSD, 19k miles

30k upside down with trade without tax difference thanks to price cuts. Prob not worth it right now as bad as I want the lighter pano roof and red

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Macbest
Tesla just gave me low trade in offer of range. $77k for my 2021 Model S plaid, blue, cream, 21s, FSD, 19k miles

30k upside down with trade without tax difference thanks to price cuts. Prob not worth it right now as bad as I want the lighter pano roof and red
Better off wrapping your car the exact same ultra red. Spend 4k lol 😂

Reactions: preilly44
Well it’s more than just the red I want. Want to change from cream interior to white, get new headlights/taillights, tilt screen, maybe better brakes, new sunroof. Oh well. Not worth the almost $40k total it would cost me to swap
I guess you can’t retrofit the new lights either?
Or swivel screen?

Funny I had a 2018 100D S red/cream for over 3 yrs. After it I decided to go dark black/black dark knight look. Too much colour so decided to dial it back lol.

Lately I’m leaning into the matte gun metal/grey look.

Red white or red black is quite amazing I agree :) the cream int started to feel a bit ‘retired man’ for me hah

I guess you can’t retrofit the new lights either?
Or swivel screen?

Funny I had a 2018 100D S red/cream for over 3 yrs. After it I decided to go dark black/black dark knight look. Too much colour so decided to dial it back lol.

Lately I’m leaning into the matte gun metal/grey look.

Red white or red black is quite amazing I agree :) the cream int started to feel a bit ‘retired man’ for me hah

Some people on the forums have swapped the lights/charge port, but it’s not easy or cheap

Just curious: if you had decided to trade, would you have stuck with the yoke or changed to the round wheel?

I just got a text from tesla that my Ultra Red MSP will have VIN assigned this month. Looks like they are producing them. Current Est. Delivery is Mar 30 - Mar 31. Ordered on Jan 20, then changed my color from black to Ultra Red on Mar 10. I live in SoCal.

Ultra Red
Cream
19in
Yoke

View attachment 920574
Great! And very interesting. I also ordered 1-18, then changed to Ultra Red to March 10 also. Yet my delivery window is April 13 - May 25. I infer from this that they are making them and prioritizing those that can be delivered this quarter. South Florida would not be possible, hence no VIN for me. Then, at the beginning of Q2, they will run production for off-shore deliveries so they can get on a boat for end of Q2 deliveries there. After that, they will start running domestic production, again, hence my "May 25" end of delivery window. Wish I lived closer to Fremont..... :(