Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning my app was updated to show delivery tomorrow afternoon at 5p. Although I had requested home delivery (I’m 15 miles from the Fremont factory) it had listed it as a pickup in Dublin. Odd because I had not yet received a VIN.

Fast forward to this afternoon and it is back to delivery between March 25-31.
So who knows what is going on…..
ultra, MSLR, 21” black interior no FSD.

Reactions: NYCVENICEBEACH
While traveling towards Riverside CA on the 210 freeway this morning, we spotted a Ultra Red Plaid on a truck. Still not in direct sunlight, but it was beautiful. Sorry for the not so great picture. My wife almost missed the opportunity. Can't wait for my delivery!
5456CAE0-4A20-4DC6-AB8D-7AA02535FC1A_1_102_o.jpeg

While traveling towards Riverside CA on the 210 freeway this morning, we spotted an esUltra Red Plaid on a truck. Still not in direct sunlight, but it was beautiful. Sorry for the not so great picture. My wife almost missed the opportunity. Can't wait for my delivery!
View attachment 921430
Yes we are disappointed you did not follow the truck, have a 5K Nikon, set up balanced natural Sun lighting, get close ups of the roof glass, cameras, headlights, taillights, brakes, spoiler and confirm HW4, bigger rear screen and current firmware and panel gaps. But that’s ok, we’re all understand folks here.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

While traveling towards Riverside CA on the 210 freeway this morning, we spotted an Ultra Red Plaid on a truck. Still not in direct sunlight, but it was beautiful. Sorry for the not so great picture. My wife almost missed the opportunity. Can't wait for my delivery!
View attachment 921430
Nice colour! In typical tesla fashion, the red calipers now don’t match lol. 10:1 says the calipers are still the colour of the older red.

Red calipers on a red car look great imo as long as the reds aren’t different shades. Any other ext body colour it doesn’t matter but red/red…to me it will stand out as slightly off lol.

Reactions: Macbest
Nice colour! In typical tesla fashion, the red calipers now don’t match lol. 10:1 says the calipers are still the colour of the older red.

Red calipers on a red car look great imo as long as the reds aren’t different shades. Any other ext body colour it doesn’t matter but red/red…to me it will stand out as slightly off lol.
Honestly the caliper looks darker than the normal red, may just be the shade and perception though

Update. Order 3/8. VIN (5YJSA…5088xx) received today 3/26. EDD 3/26-31. I’m in Bay Area. Ultra red, MSLR, black int. 21”, steering wheel. Got the message about Tesla Vision no USS. Should be any day now! Need to update my Tesla insurance policy but they are closed on Sundays. Hope this doesn’t delay process.

Last edited:
Update. Order 3/8. VIN (5YJSA…5088xx) received today 3/26. EDD 3/26-31. I’m in Bay Area. Ultra red, MSLR, black int. 21”, steering wheel. Got the message about Tesla Vision no USS. Should be any day now! Need to update my Tesla insurance policy but they are closed on Sundays. Hope this doesn’t delay process.
Nice an LR vin. Hoping to get my vin in the next couple days.

Reactions: Macbest
Kind of a blood red vs. a bright red (like the calipers ironically).
As I said above lol . Leave it to tesla to f that up and have 2 diff reds. 3 if you think about the rear lights/charge port red being different to the paint and now the calipers. Amazing cars…design team asleep for fine details lol

The red calipers will stick out oddly against this new red unless they darken the calipers shade to suit. Just my opinion.

• Disagree
Reactions: lowtek
I wish I had taken a few more pics when there and more in direct sun. And believe me the old red is drab compared to the Ultra. Enough cars in lot to compare. The new color is silky, satiny, sexy. Great depth of color. Big wow. I get the comments on the calipers but damn this is a gorgeous color (Heck repaint the calipers and I’m sure some will). Definitely a head turner parked or on the road.

Reactions: CaptUAL
I wish I had taken a few more pics when there and more in direct sun. And believe me the old red is drab compared to the Ultra. Enough cars in lot to compare. The new color is silky, satiny, sexy. Great depth of color. Big wow. I get the comments on the calipers but damn this is a gorgeous color (Heck repaint the calipers and I’m sure some will). Definitely a head turner parked or on the road.

Damn you. Quit making me part with a lot of money 😂

• Funny
Reactions: CaptUAL
Damnit. Already have a VIN and delivery date scheduled and it’s soooooo hard to cancel it. 🤔. I mean, I’m upside down $30000 in my 2021 blue MSP and I’m still considering it.
You only live once! My reservation number is a few thousand below yours, but still no vin. Guess they don't go in order, like others have said, probably distance. It's beautiful. If it makes you happy, do it!

• Funny
Reactions: Propofoln