Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few photos of MSP ultra red next to M3 in regular red. In the sun too! Just picked this up today. Really loving the color, even better in person. Also coming from a 2020 regular S to Plaid this is a different beast…the speed is totally insane, the interior finishes are a huge upgrade.
I finally see a little of the Mazda Soul red in these shots - thanks!

@CaptUAL Great video, so now it is even more difficult to wait! Just curious: your car had the front license plate bracket, but none of the other Telsa's on that lot had them. Did you ask if they could remove it (assuming you don't need one in CA)?
They will Not deliver it Without the Required Front Lic. Holder. California requires front plates. I will say that mine has already been lost….😜🤣🤣

Ugh. Car is scheduled to be delivered this coming up weekend. Hard decision because I’m upside down $30,000 with my blue MS Plaid. So I’d need to send $30,000 to the bank to pay off difference. Part of me wants the new red with new taillights/headlights/lighter glass roof, but seems like a big cost to change cars out. O the other hand my trade value difference might still be the same as trade value goes down over time and possible future price cuts. Any advice?

Ugh. Car is scheduled to be delivered this coming up weekend. Hard decision because I’m upside down $30,000 with my blue MS Plaid. So I’d need to send $30,000 to the bank to pay off difference. Part of me wants the new red with new taillights/headlights/lighter glass roof, but seems like a big cost to change cars out. O the other hand my trade value difference might still be the same as trade value goes down over time and possible future price cuts. Any advice?

I think that the potential for more price cuts on the MX and MS is limited. You could invest that money short term, but I don't see huge gains for TSLA after today's news.

I'm assuming you have a 2021ish Plaid. If you currently have USS and radar I'd keep what you have and save for the next refresh.

Stopped by the Sacramento Tesla service center/store and they had the new red parked outside.

Looks amazing in person! I know color is subjective but this is definitely the best color option currently available.

54E9B65F-E861-4D4A-9258-A0637EBAED04.jpeg

It’s for sale if anyone is interested.

Stopped by the Sacramento Tesla service center/store and they had the new red parked outside.

Looks amazing in person! I know color is subjective but this is definitely the best color option currently available.

View attachment 924543

Look at the curb. There are Ultra Red scrape marks on it, as well as a few PPMR.

They did this to my new delivery, so I am primed to look for such things.

I think that the potential for more price cuts on the MX and MS is limited. You could invest that money short term, but I don't see huge gains for TSLA after today's news.

I'm assuming you have a 2021ish Plaid. If you currently have USS and radar I'd keep what you have and save for the next refresh.

Good advice. Wouldn’t mind a brand new car now, but maybe wait for inside ambient lighting? 🧐