Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Ultra Red Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the Yoke and love it! And white interior, i was worried about the white cause i always go black but white was the only one available and i’m so glad i went with it. Already spilled coke and coffee on it and it wipes up no problem and no stains.
Nice. I just don't want all-black...and while the cream has that "classic" kind of look, I am more drawn to the starkness of the white. Yoke for me too. I rented a '22 S a few weeks ago (with the Yoke) and drove it for a weekend and loved it.

So now I actually belong here in this waiting room. ;) MS Long Range expected delivery next week. I'll pay close attention to the paint (of course), panel / door / hatch fitment and any 80 MPHish vibrations. Only configuration item I wanted but did not get was the Yoke...but I will investigate retrofitting one in the future. I could not pass up the inventory incentives just because it has a steering wheel.

Now...I wait....

Speaking of changes...latest rumor is that along with the so-called "Highland" refresh of the Model 3, will come some (relatively minor) tweaks to S and X as well:

1) Model 3 is rumored to have the s-style stalkless steering....including yoke option. Stands to reason the same yoke will be offered on Model S/X. (This would match up with the "improved" yoke that has been rumored for some time for the S/X and supposed to appear some time in July.

2) Interior LED ambient lighting update. (Coming to 3, as well as S/X).

Timing? Could be as early as next month...or could not ever come at all. :)

Took delivery today! (MS LR, Ultra Red with White interior). It's dark out now so I'll post a couple pics tomorrow. Process was very smooth. One obvious door alignment I'll have them fix, and possibly a tweak to the hatch. (If the hatch adjustment would need major disassembly...I'll pass on it. It's minor.). No paint issues that I can see.

Speaking of the paint....it's gorgeous, IMO. I decided not to purchase the spoiler...the lip on the hatch (where the spoiler would go), catches the light and really accents this color. I think the spoiler would detract from the appearance with this color.

All promised discounts, trial offers (3 months FSD for referral, 3 years of free supercharging) seem to have been applied correctly. I did stop at a supercharger and charged for 5 minutes or so and I don't see any charges on my account...not sure how else to verify that.

Reactions: AAKEE and PR0FESSOR
Where are our pictures? :)

Took delivery today! (MS LR, Ultra Red with White interior). It's dark out now so I'll post a couple pics tomorrow. Process was very smooth. One obvious door alignment I'll have them fix, and possibly a tweak to the hatch. (If the hatch adjustment would need major disassembly...I'll pass on it. It's minor.). No paint issues that I can see.

Speaking of the paint....it's gorgeous, IMO. I decided not to purchase the spoiler...the lip on the hatch (where the spoiler would go), catches the light and really accents this color. I think the spoiler would detract from the appearance with this color.

All promised discounts, trial offers (3 months FSD for referral, 3 years of free supercharging) seem to have been applied correctly. I did stop at a supercharger and charged for 5 minutes or so and I don't see any charges on my account...not sure how else to verify that.

Reactions: AAKEE and Beandoc
It’s a gorgeous color, I love mine, you’ll like it.
I've had a red Model 3 and now a red Model Y. Considering replacing the Model Y with a Model S but until ultra red decided 5 years of red Tesla's was enough. In your opinion is the ulta red that much better that I should consider a 3rd red car in a row? I just wish Tesla had more color options.

Where are our pictures? :)
Ahhhh...

Sorry for the delay. My delivery of SwissTrax came earlier than expected so I spent an afternoon+ redoing the garage floor to welcome the new addition. 😉 Here's a bunch. To best appreciate the color in pictures, the couple shots at night with only garage lighting is the most fair representation. Included is a pic that shows the driver side door fitment issue.

Front.jpgDriver Rear.jpgPassenger Rear.jpgRear - Copy.jpgSide Profile.jpgDoor Fitment.jpgColorBack.jpgColorFront.jpgInterior.jpg

I've had a red Model 3 and now a red Model Y. Considering replacing the Model Y with a Model S but until ultra red decided 5 years of red Tesla's was enough. In your opinion is the ulta red that much better that I should consider a 3rd red car in a row? I just wish Tesla had more color options.
I can only give my opinion as a first time Tesla buyer: I would not have gone with red at all if it was the standard multi-coat red. Ultra-red is that much "better" in my opinion. Would really like to see Europe's "midnight cherry red" on an S....

Last edited:
Ahhhh...

Sorry for the delay. My delivery of SwissTrax came earlier than expected so I spent an afternoon+ redoing the garage floor to welcome the new addition. 😉 Here's a bunch. To best appreciate the color in pictures, the couple shots at night with only garage lighting is the most fair representation. Included is a pic that shows the driver side door fitment issue.

View attachment 952778View attachment 952779View attachment 952780View attachment 952781View attachment 952782View attachment 952783View attachment 952784View attachment 952785View attachment 952786
Looks sharp Joey.
Congratulations.
I’d the FSD working?

Looks sharp Joey.
Congratulations.
I’d the FSD working?
I purchased Advanced Autopilot on mine. Technically, the "official" FSD (for which I have the 3 month trial) adds traffic light / stop sign control. (And it works). However, the FSD Beta (driving on city streets) cannot yet be installed. I'm hoping it will be supported before my trial is over. No way to know of course!

I purchased Advanced Autopilot on mine. Technically, the "official" FSD (for which I have the 3 month trial) adds traffic light / stop sign control. (And it works). However, the FSD Beta (driving on city streets) cannot yet be installed. I'm hoping it will be supported before my trial is over. No way to know of course!
Yes, I was speaking to the 3 month trial. I was able to move the toggle to engage the features, and read the description/warning, but nevertheless the system does not seem available. I’ll tool around with it some more before sending a service request. It might just be the rural roads around my house won’t support it due to the lack of clear fog lines, etc.

Edit: In App it states my subscription to FSD capability expires 9/25/23 so apparently it was properly added with the $1,000 credit.
I’ll have to try again on the turnpike or something similar.
I did try on the Schuylkill Expressway that runs into Philadelphia but it would not engage, although maybe the cameras were not fully calibrated as that was only day 4.

That red truly looks sharp.
Nice choice.
😎

Last edited:
Reactions: AAKEE
Yes, I was speaking to the 3 month trial. I was able to move the toggle to engage the features, and read the description/warning, but nevertheless the system does not seem available. I’ll tool around with it some more before sending a service request. It might just be the rural roads around my house won’t support it due to the lack of clear fog lines, etc.

Edit: In App it states my subscription to FSD capability expires 9/25/23 so apparently it was properly added with the $1,000 credit.
I’ll have to try again on the turnpike or something similar.
I did try on the Schuylkill Expressway that runs into Philadelphia but it would not engage, although maybe the cameras were not fully calibrated as that was only day 4.

That red truly looks sharp.
Nice choice.
😎

Reactions: AAKEE